Sepration Idea

Greasycreek

HDtuner
Since the discussion of the obvious tire and turbo rules in 2.6 how about another simple way to limit power or if there is much to be made , maybe more of the ones who have dynoed this will chime in .I'm talking about cut off intakes . Thoughts/Opinions ?

What do you mean by sepration? Anyways, If you limit a cummins truck from cutting off the side intake, then how do you want to limit the dmax and powersroke trucks power?

I don't think we need to be telling people how much they can mod their intakes, irrespective of brand.

You can only run my intake price will vary from application to application $1000-$2500 range depending on the mileage the motor has on it.
Brandon

my quad cab long bed 1 ton weighs exactly 7000 with my 275lb butt in the seat. I really haven't lightened it up that much. still have stock full leather interior. the only thing removed is the tailgate, rear bumper and stock hitch with a home built hitch put back in its place that weighs about the same as the factory bumper and hitch setup.

Why don't they limit rpm? 4500 for 2.6, 5500 for 2.8, 3.0+ unlimited for example. I think that would seperate the classes perfectly. Guys running 3.0+ custom covered turbos in 2.6 would just chu chu chuff out at 250'......

Last edited:
Why don't they limit rpm? 4500 for 2.6, 5500 for 2.8, 3.0+ unlimited for example. I think that would seperate the classes perfectly. Guys running 3.0+ custom covered turbos in 2.6 would just chu chu chuff out at 250'......

If you believe that I have some ocean front property in Arizona that I would sell to you.

I say we keep all the classes in put NOS on all of them in see who can spray the most in stay togather.

Im just saying if you guys dont stop the B*tching we will on have brush pull.

I say we keep all the classes in put NOS on all of them in see who can spray the most in stay togather.

Im just saying if you guys dont stop the B*tching we will on have brush pull.

maybe if we all spray the **** out of our trucks we'll be to busy fixing them to worry about our next new rule or how to cry about so and so kickin our a$$..

I read your question wrong. 2.8 Duramax probly runs somewhere around 4500 down the track but 4800-5200 on the shifts. If they tried to run in 2.6 with the same truck and keep the shifts @ 4500 they would probly fall off the charger. Just my opinion, the rpm numbers might not be exactly right but you get the idea of how it could possibly limit the classes......