Seriously considering buying the 181/210

12vfleet

beCummin broke
I already have my head ported, 60 lb springs, 100 hp injectors, s366 box charger, full cut dvs, and a tuned afc. I've been thinking that this is the right cam to add to this setup. What are your thoughts? I'm also wondering about the tappets. Do you just need 24v tappets or what? Thanks

Go for the 188-220. Since your head is ported, it will flow better the higher the valve is lifted. the 188-220 lifts higher and will really take advantage of the porting.

The 60lb springs will work if you stay under 3500 rpm and under 35lbs boost. Over that you will eventually need to replace them to realize the full potential of the engine with all of the mods you have.

If you need anything else, feel free to call and bug us anytime.

Zach

I have aalso had a valve job done on the head and its oringed. I've a little short on funds right now after just spenging 4k at Enterprise Engine Performance and being in college. But this motor won't be seeing over 3500 rpms until I pull it next summer a handful of times. Mostly the truck is going to be a fun street machine and do some towing here and there. I'm going to buy the 24v tappets and then go from there. What are the big significances of the 188-220 over the 181-210? If I get a chance tomorrow I will give you a call. Thanks Zach

Kyle