Service engine light

getnitbo

DO YOU NEED MY ASSISTANCE
Ive got a early 99 psd with a Ts 6 position chip that has custom tunes*bdh* . whenever i turn the chip up to the 100hp or 120hp setting and stand on the throttle the service engine light comes on, then a few minutes later it will go out. is this caused from over boosting or could it just be in the custom tuning?

Yes, it setting an overboost code. You can get a boost fooler(regulator) to get around it or there are other ways to get around it also.

my truck also does this when I put it on the 140 setting occasionally (usually if I put it on to pass a car then turn it down immediatly after)
then if I put it on the 100 or 75 or stock the light stays on then on 50 it goes off
if I turn the truck off and then restart it the engine light will be off
it drives the same when the lights on,it just bothers me,like something is wrong.
how can I correct this

ITP has an overboost fooler. On a PSD at 24lbs (I think) the computer starts defueling. It'll stay that way for a few minutes until the computer finds the problem resolved. Or until shut off as jtinlbc said. The fooler is $45 if I remember right

Back