Service required see dealer now

BigB82789

Do these trucks have an oil change interval reminder or is this something with the DPF being deleted?

I bought the truck with a delete and an unknown tune loaded. I haven't had the chance to grab a smarty and a recovery tune to start fresh, and now I'm getting this message. The egr is still on the truck, has a mbrp 4" with the sensors taped and zip tied to the frame rail. I have put about 1,000-1,500 miles on it since purchase a few weeks ago and haven't had an issue till now. So DPF, EGR, or oil?

And no, I don't want to take it to the dealer....:hehe:

yes they have an oil change reminder. so if the check engine light isnt on then its probably the oil reminder. you can clean that light by turning the key to the on position and fully pressing then releasing the gas pedel 3 times fast. if the light goes out then that is all it was

What will cure this besides the obvious trip to the dealer? What effects will it have? Right now its just annoying but will it cut power or quit in time?

A Smarty will cure it,the newest 23me should take care of the light.

Smarty or H&S can take care of that. I don't know about the smarty but im pretty sure h&s will write over the other tuner.

Last edited:
Bob, will the Smarty Jr. turn off the tire monitor light? I bought mine with aftermarket wheels on it and its been on ever since.

Yes if you do not reset the oil reminder it will go to limp mode for about a minute.
Happened to me a while back.