setup ?'s

skilletky

i love lamp
question#1- i have my fuel pressure guage sender for my AD150 located on the AD itself. will this give me an accurate reading for WOT supply pressure? i had 7x.012's in the truck. i could run it at WOT in 5th and the pressure would only go from 17psi to 15 or 16. is this normal? my everyday set up is a smarty on 3(timing 4), FMS set at 63%, 7x.012's, and a 64/71/14. it does not smoke much when the turbo lights all the way. am i getting more pressure drop than i think?

question#2- i just put a set of 6x.018's in the truck. they run pretty damn good just daily driving it. havnt got on it but one quick burst in 3rd. didnt pay attention to the fuel pressure. will an AD150 keep up with this setup, running it hard? ive got a redline box that i keep behind the seat that, but i aint hooked it up yet with these injectors. i made a harness that i can swap out the FMS and the redline within seconds, may try the redline on the way home.

question#3- come tax time, im either gonna put a 188/210 cam and run a larger single (66mm?) or twins, but cant really make my mind up on what will benifit me better. ive read through different threads, but kinda on the fence. its my DD, will go to the track just for fun(probably alot more than it should), tow a car now and then, and probably be my long trip vehicle.

I would put the fuel pressure sender up close to the injection pump IMO that's the best location cause between the two pumps there is a good length of fuel line, the pressure may be saying one thing at the pump but that's where the psi reading will be the highest. I would also pull the spring out of the airdog and stretch the spring out a little bit to bump up the psi a few. I was running a 150 for 2 years and it seemed to do alright with a II hotrod pump, twins, cam, and quadzilla 4k.
How does that 64 spool on the street? if its not to laggy I would compound it with a s475 or larger turbo.

The 64 at too bad. Ive been towing our 13k lb genset with it and the 7x.012's. Did fine, but I gotta wind out the gears to keep smoke down. I thought about putting it back on my 1stgen or trading it for something, and getting a 63/68 with a 475 under it for the 01. A cam would be cheaper, but I think twins would benefit me more for what im gonna do with it. Any objections?

I'm about to put in a set of 6x.018 injectors and a s366 in my 01 in a few weeks. I'll let you know how it runs.

I'm thinking about getting something a little smaller. What about a set of 6x.013 with my 66/73/.91? How do you think that would run with a fass 150, scheid lightning pump, smarty /tst stack? I have everything I'm just not sure about running the 6x.018 injectors that I have now.

That's what I was thinkin too. I have a guy that's wanting to trade his 6x.013 for my 6x.018 so I might just do that

That pump should be plenty, but I'd put the sender close to or on the VP. Get some well built 6x.013, and do twins (62-63 and 475). I've never had twins, but with a VP, they've gotta be so much better than a bigger single. Singles are fun, they just leave a lot on the table when it comes to street driving.

That pump should be plenty, but I'd put the sender close to or on the VP. Get some well built 6x.013, and do twins (62-63 and 475). I've never had twins, but with a VP, they've gotta be so much better than a bigger single. Singles are fun, they just leave a lot on the table when it comes to street driving.

thats what i'm planning on doing after doing more reading. i may just get some dual feed 6x.013 nozzles and put them on these dual feed bodies. as far as twins, im clueless as to what exhaust housing size and exhaust wheel to run on the 475. anyone with some experiance wanna help a dumb ass out on this? a few people said to run a 80mm in a twin set up, but the vp would be out of its powerband by time the 80 would light, wouldnt it?

thats what i'm planning on doing after doing more reading. i may just get some dual feed 6x.013 nozzles and put them on these dual feed bodies. as far as twins, im clueless as to what exhaust housing size and exhaust wheel to run on the 475. anyone with some experiance wanna help a dumb ass out on this? a few people said to run a 80mm in a twin set up, but the vp would be out of its powerband by time the 80 would light, wouldnt it?

a box stock s475 from forced inductions is $649.00. Its a 75mm compressor 96mm turbine and 1.32 AR exhaust housing. Thats what you want.

there is a guy on another forum selling a T6 GT4202 for $300. It needs a new compressor wheel

"compressor Wheel: 74.5/102.5 Inlet: 5.25" Turbine Housing: 1.34ar Turbine Wheel: 80.5/88.55" outlet T6"

i could get you his number if you're interested

a box stock s475 from forced inductions is $649.00. Its a 75mm compressor 96mm turbine and 1.32 AR exhaust housing. Thats what you want.

there is a guy on another forum selling a T6 GT4202 for $300. It needs a new compressor wheel

"compressor Wheel: 74.5/102.5 Inlet: 5.25" Turbine Housing: 1.34ar Turbine Wheel: 80.5/88.55" outlet T6"

i could get you his number if you're interested

ill just get a 475 if i run twins, may get a 66/74 to replace the 64/71. thanks for the info. just got off the phone with CPP, gonna try and sell my 6x.018's and get a set of injectors from them.

I would also run just get the 475 from FI, that's where I got the turbos for my new set up and I love them, As far as a 80mm I think you would be fine with that as well. For my compounds I run a 83mm for the big charge and it comes on to boost nicely. For the small turbo I would step it down in size before you go bigger, it will be laggy otherwise. If it was mine and wasn't planning on really big hp I would go with a 62/65/12, or your 64 with the 65/12 hot side. regardless you will be able to make a lot of power with the setup either way.

well i blew my head gasket today. ive got an o ringed head waiting to get set on. had it cleaned, tested, and decked. they took off .007. can i run a std thickness gasket and be ok? stock cam. may put a drop in cam in this summer. any suggestions would be great, so i can order the gasket i need and get this thing back on the road.

well i blew my head gasket today. ive got an o ringed head waiting to get set on. had it cleaned, tested, and decked. they took off .007. can i run a std thickness gasket and be ok? stock cam. may put a drop in cam in this summer. any suggestions would be great, so i can order the gasket i need and get this thing back on the road.

I would run the std gasket

If you are planning on putting a cam in, in the near future then you should account for it now otherwise it will be a bigger pain to do later on. You need to measure the piston height and make sure that the standard thickness gasket is the correct one, try to stay with a standard thickness gasket. If you took .007 off the head then you will need to have the valves recessed for a larger then stock cam, Look into what cam is going to suit your setup the best then use the requirements that cam calls for.

checked the piston protrusion (i think i spelled that right), and it is on the high side of the tolerance. have not checked the valve face depth yet. gonna just run a .020 over gasket with plans on putting a 188/220 in.

I wouldn't run a .020 over gasket unless you have to just get the valves recessed. What's the piston protrusion measure?

.025, i think the max is .028. im gonna call the local machine shop and see what it would run to get them recessed. will i need spacers for the valve springs if i do get the valves recessed?

You will be fine with .025 use a standard gasket. It shouldn't be to expensive to just have the valves recessed if it all ready has a good valve job, If the valve are beat up then a full valve job will need to be done so it could cost a little extra but it will be worth it in the end.