Shift Kit anyone?

Lifted94XLT

Has Anyone put a shiftkit into their Torqueshift? I was wanderin round the net the other day and found a shift kit made for the TS and was thinkin about gettin it, b/c they're usually cheap and I"m not gonna have money for the SCT for a WHILE. so I'm just wondering if any of y'all have put this in your trucks and how you like it. Thanks.

--Ryan

How do you put a shift kit in an electric controlled trans

weweld said:
How do you put a shift kit in an electric controlled trans

good point. haha, I have no clue. :bang but I DID find it, I swear, I'll have to see if I can find the link again.

Mine has the Transgo kit in it via John Wood...same thing sun coast uses in theirs if I'm not mistaken....unless I TOTALLY misunderstood what all those parts were. LOL

UNBROKEN said:
Mine has the Transgo kit in it via John Wood...same thing sun coast uses in theirs if I'm not mistaken....unless I TOTALLY misunderstood what all those parts were. LOL

so unbroken, you've got one..... what do you think? worth it, not? did you install it?? gimme the skinny please.

--Ryan

what about lock-up is that just added line press. from the tune?
thats bad right?
that is something that you need to get the pwr to the ground right?
best way is aftermarket replacement huh?
I have used alot of the trans-go kits and I have been real happy w/ it
I ran one in my 4L60E that was in my '02 F-Body and consitantly ran 10.80's loved the shifts on the street.

i have the same JW trans and it shifts good. stock, no programming at all, it shifts like a nice sct tuned tranny. with std. tunes, it shifts too hard depending on the file so I have to have one setup a little looser to allow for the extra pressure the trans is already throwing. it still shifts pretty hard depending on the tune but with a street tune at 1/2 throttle, it'll break 'em loose in 2nd regularly and sometimes 3rd depending on the shift, and that's with 38's, so you can get an idea as to how firm it shifts.

sredish said:
i have the same JW trans and it shifts good. stock, no programming at all, it shifts like a nice sct tuned tranny. with std. tunes, it shifts too hard depending on the file so I have to have one setup a little looser to allow for the extra pressure the trans is already throwing. it still shifts pretty hard depending on the tune but with a street tune at 1/2 throttle, it'll break 'em loose in 2nd regularly and sometimes 3rd depending on the shift, and that's with 38's, so you can get an idea as to how firm it shifts.
:ylsuper: