Shifting question

dodgeram2500

i was windering if there was a way to help keep boost up while shifting? every time i shift gears i loose just about all my boost pressure. even when im at wot, and shifting as fast as i can, boost usually drops from 35ish to below 10psi. so every shift i have to wait for spoolup, and watch my egt go up, up, up? cant really slip the clutch because it does not like the heat. any tips and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

as far as i know the olny way to have boost the engine has to be under load and there is no way of doing that with a manual

Don't let off the go pedal all the way when shifting, keeping a bit of fuel & RPM might help a little. It'll take a little practice to do it smoothly.

Shift faster, your tranny wont like you but that is the only way. On a good day I can stay above 20psi on all the shifts.

what is your boost getting up to (max psi) when you can keep it above 20 when shifting? i only see about 35psi and boost drops like a bomb when the clutch is released. i played with the truck today trying different things, and i could only get it to stay about 10psi. with the comp on, spool is even worse. i hardly ever use the smarty. the truck is very sluggish untill about 20ish psi

switch to a full manual automatic - you lose zero boost between shifts 65 65 65 65 1,2,3,2, LOL

got a south bend 13 inch con-fe. max overall boost psi is 35-37. want to do an automatic swap, but cant figure out what trans to use because i dont want to add and/or change ecm. im having a real hard time finding a a618 core. all i need is the case, all the hard parts i have in stock at my shop

Back