Shock Question...

Kleetus

More Smoke = More Fun
Hey Gang, was looking over some of the other threads on suspension stuff, and wasn't able to answer my own question.

Eh, hem... which is, anybody run KYB shocks on their 05 and up trucks? I don't have anything done to my suspension, I'm stock on that, height and such... I've heard people talk good things about Bilsteins, but I've also heard they seem to be hard to get a hold of. So, I was curious. I have a little over 40K on the clock, and seem to be noticing the truck bouncing a bit after a decent bump, feels more like a forward roll actually. I never noticed it much with the 17's on it, but when I put stock 18's under it 10k miles ago, the Scorpions, is when I noticed it feeling a bit odd. I know they aren't a great tire, but still seems suspicious.

I move bulky stuff around a lot, so most of my running is basically unloaded, with the heavy service springs, and the plow package, I'm pretty stiff. But when I do latch up to something, it's anywhere between 4 and 14k pounds (not often on the high side). So, that said, it wouldn't really surprise me if the stock shocks bit the big one already. Just looking for some input from the higher mileage guys.

Thanks!

I run the red KYB MOno Max's and won't run anything else.
You can't beat them as far as I'm concerned.

I run Fox Shocks from Kartek offraod In California. I had them valve them to their "k" valving

Rich also uses KY Jelly. LOL.

I have DR shocks.

Wow... really?!? Not gonna touch that one...

Thanks for the input guys.

Found the monomax for $48 each... which seems pretty good to me!

Skip the Rancho 9000 adjustable. They didn't last long. Reconfirmed my hatred of them. The few people that ride with me (ABrannan19, 03F250Stroke) can confirm that I drive my dually like a big go-kart. Find something with a 7/8 shaft and call it a day.

Skip the Rancho 9000 adjustable. They didn't last long. Reconfirmed my hatred of them. The few people that ride with me (ABrannan19, 03F250Stroke) can confirm that I drive my dually like a big go-kart. Find something with a 7/8 shaft and call it a day.

Ranchos BLOW.

yes Doug drives his truck like a effin wildman.

Doug's driving scares me...and I'm not scared of chit. LOL