short throw

longhorn859

Brap.
how do you guys like your BD short shifter kit. ive had mine on for a week and am seriousely thinking of going back to stock

Ive heard alot of people dont like them. I had ordered one and sent it back before I installed it, because of people complaining about them. You can only shift these things so fast.
I want an auto!!!!!!!!!!

Had one on for about 3 years, love it now, when I first put it on it wasn't the best IMHO, but as everything has worn in I like it more and more.

I love mine too! I like how it moved the knob a little closer to my leg too. When I drive my dad's truck without one it seems like I'm driving my old Jeep, 18" from gear to gear...

What seems to be the issue? Im not that tall so throwing the shifter out and over to 5th seems like a pain. We use our 5 speed truck for pulling a mowing trailer 5 days a week so it kinda gets old with alot of around town miles.

with mine, the only difference was first and second gear. really hard to get in 3rd. gets stuck in fith and takes a freakin prybar to get out

Mine shifts the same with or without. Just makes for alot shorter throws between gears

DONT GET ONE. i got one that had been used for about a week by a buddy, and i put it in and used it about a month and hated it. 3rd and 5th was to tight, and it was hard to down shift with....................IMO if you want a short throw get a ricer. $.02 but the guy that i gave it to loves it....so i dunno.

Everybody seems to have a different story. For me, the short throw does cause shifts to require just a tiny bit more effort, but the throw is shorter, of course. But mine shifts smoothly and I quickly got used to the slight extra effort. Only occasionally do I have difficulty getting it in reverse, but that was going on before the shifter was changed. So I'm thinkin' its more an issue of the trannys, not the shifter itself. I mean, how many different ones are available?

The only action I notice that is different that I still struggle with occasionally is 5th. It seems with the short throw, I've had to push more towards the radio than I did with the standard shifter. With the standard, 5th was a bit more to the right of the radio.

-Jay

I liked mine a whole lot when I had the stock clutch, it was def more notchy but i got used to it very easily. Now that I have a DD clutch its rather hard to get into the right gears as easy. I did change my trans fluid to some amsoils stuff and it helped a ton.

i had the BD, but it was when the trans was new, less than 500mi, i dunno if it makes a diff or not? but i know i didnt like it. $.02