Shorty Antenna anyone?

Santa Gertrudis

6.4LTTFMF
Anyone have a shorty antenna? Im tired of smacking trees and crap with mine. How do you install one? Never really looked at it before.

go to any audio parts store and pick you up one.

chase n.

unscrew the old one and screw the new one it... thats all there is

i have a delete that i use sometimes.... the reception on it isnt so great, but the shortys ive seen seem to work just about as well as stock since they have a larger diameter.

Thanks guys. Today actually, I hit a tree with mine when I wasnt paying attention :doh: and it slung back and got stuck in my door seal. Funny as hell, and startled the crap outta me. LOL

BTW, does anyone know how much those things run? Cant be too much can they? I dont want a chrome one or anything.

I just cut my stock one. If you want to save ya some cash. Just take a visegrip to that little ball on top and work it loose, cut to desired length and tap the ball back onto it.

How is the reception effected by doing that? I dont use the radio all that much, I mainly use my iPod, but I do like to listen to the local AM channel a little on my way to work at 6 a.m. LOL

I really don't think it bothered it that much. Im like you though, I never can find anything on the radio, so im either listinening to a cd or xmradio. The main reason I cut mine is it was tearing up the garage pulling it in.

I've seen the shorty rubber ones at Wallyworld and at Radio Shack for $10-$20 . I've been afraid to try one due to reception issues. The factory antenna sure goes to wippin' driving through the Mesquite!