should i be running better then this?

Power Stroke

I Love My Power Stroke!
i have an early 99 with quite a bit of miles (223k) runs great, tranny is in good condition as well, my mods are in my sig, best ET of 15.71 @ 84, i feel like maybe i should be a little quicker then this? my DA (derived altitude) was only 6xx feet on that run, corrected time is 15.60 @ 84.5. how do u guys feel??

You on a stock tranny? What does your rig weigh in at?

yeah the transmission is stock, weighs in at 6900-7000lbs with me in it

That speed puts you at about 280 HP to the wheels, you been on a dyno yet?

Well, If you havent dynoed the truck, Id say it is either about right, or if your dyno #'s are higher, you may have a trans slip issue.

2wd or 4wd? are you launching with boost? or no boost? alotta variables will change ur times. also what was yout RT? were u asleep at the tree? with my sct i was into the mid 9's with a 4wd supercab short box i think the door has me weighin in at close to 9k? i dunno dosent seem right that ur only 6900-7k and me at 9k eh who knows but mid 9's if u convert is somewhere around the 15sec mark for the quarter

moose99ps said:
2wd or 4wd? are you launching with boost? or no boost? alotta variables will change ur times. also what was yout RT? were u asleep at the tree? with my sct i was into the mid 9's with a 4wd supercab short box i think the door has me weighin in at close to 9k? i dunno dosent seem right that ur only 6900-7k and me at 9k eh who knows but mid 9's if u convert is somewhere around the 15sec mark for the quarter

thats in 4wd with a 2.0 60ft, i stage it at like 5-10psi of boost, does the same thing even if i bring it up to 20psi. your supercab will only weigh a couple hundred lbs more then my truck. theres no way ur in the 9000lb area, hell my friends 06 550 S/C diesel with a rack body and three people in it only weighed 9200lbs.

Power Stroke said:
i have an early 99 with quite a bit of miles (223k) runs great, tranny is in good condition as well, my mods are in my sig, best ET of 15.71 @ 84, i feel like maybe i should be a little quicker then this? my DA (derived altitude) was only 6xx feet on that run, corrected time is 15.60 @ 84.5. how do u guys feel??

I would've thought you'd be running a little quicker with those mods. I ran 15.4's with DI chip, AFE intake, and magnaflow exhaust only and I'm in a crew cab. I was about 2mph faster also.

thats what i thought mine would run, maybe its because its an early 99, its rated at only 235hp from the factory, compared to 275hp of the 02.

Ah. Well, I'm bringing my early '99 to the track tomorrow. It's a crew-cab 2wd so they're probably close to the same weight. It's got a Bank's Big Hoss chip on level 5, Banks exhaust, and K&N intake. I'll post how it does.

Back