Should I got to 191's or larger possibly?

kas83

Now that I have the 95 and want to keep it relatively mild, I'm looking to go with a 66/71/14 on my 97, and throw some DDP 4's in it. I've been contemplating swapping the 181's over to the 95, and grabbing some bigger ones for fueling the large charger. I'm not sure what would be good for me. The truck will get driven on the street, although not everyday, and used for all types of fun. Couple pulls at the local fairs, some dragging.

Will a 100 plate, 191 DV's and DDP 4's be enough? Or will I need more? I plan on a P&P'd head and other stuff to open up the breathing. I'm a ways off from doing this, but would like to get the shopping list together and start budgeting. Thanks.

191 should be good enough, their is a few people that like the 181s but from a past discussion they are not much difference than 131s, full cuts are fun too.

I run the 191s and they make a lot of heat and smoke. It is controllable with your right foot until you try to tow. Even with two stages of N2O, twins and w/m I smoke like a freighter at wot. I like them but they they are kind of difficult sometimes.

191's on a 95 are way different than 191's on a 97.

they'll help your 95 out for sure. if you can get some 181's, go for it, but the 191's will work

Forrest Nearing said:
191's on a 95 are way different than 191's on a 97.

they'll help your 95 out for sure. if you can get some 181's, go for it, but the 191's will work

I think I may have confused a couple of people with my first post. If I swap out the 181's from the 215 pump, they'll go straight to my 95 to replace the 131's, no doubt about it. The 191's, or .022's or Laser Cuts, would go on the 97 to help fuel the 66mm charger. Sorry for any confusion.

Will I be ok with 191's, or should I go larger to help fuel that charger? Thanks.

sorry, only person you confused was me :o

I had no problem spooling a silver 66 with DDP4's in my red 98 12v w/ 181 DV's

My 191's gained me a decent bit over the 181's i had in my truck. They also heated it up, and made it haze quite a bit more too under WOT, but its plenty controllable. I like them pretty good so far. I need some injectors, and a turbo now though.

Eric

I loved 191's,DragonFlows,SB,0 Plate. Made for a fun ride!
Brandon

Same can be said about this

schied full cuts, or 191s are fun with a set of Rips twins. But you cannot tow with them. Hence why im back with 181s for now..

Rick

Towing manners don't matter much with this truck, so I could get away with full cuts. I'm just not sure I want all the smoke that go along with them. As long as I have the rest of the stuff figured out, I can always wait on delivery valves until absolutely needed. The motor has to come apart anyways, it's not a pressing issue right now on what I need to put in. Just trying to get an idea for now. Thanks again.

Back