Shudder while driving

04strokerdissel

I own a 2004 F-350. While driving it has a shudder at 25, 40, 55, and 65 mph. I thought at first the tires were out of balance but then noticed it has a slight knock when I come to a complete stop and then again when I accelerate. It is not the transmission, I know this, but I was thinking it could possibly be the degree of the driveshaft. The truck does have a 4 inch front and 2.5 inch rear procomp lift but I wasn't sure if that was enough to throw the driveshaft out. Wanted to get some opinions before I started tearing into it and spent more money than I have to. Any info would be great. Thanks

You didn't tell me it knocked earlier, check your u joints in the driveshafts. Thats what mine was doing. Try and catch it before its too late and costs ya a whole new yoke...TRUST ME... that is assuming it is a ujoint

haha sorry buddy. i thought you heard it when you were with me. i'm headed to the shop today to check them out. i'll call ya later.

You may need the carrier bearing drop bracket. I'll bet if you dont have it the u-joints wore out prematurely. If you do get new joints, look into the drop bracket...

Back