Shut off selenoid

NEsmoker

I was looking at my wiring parts for it, i have a relay setup i got with my pump. The clip that plugs into the selenoid has 3 wires, 2 big ones(power ground) and a little one 22ga or so. Its light green. Where does that little wire tie in at? I know where all the others go. Just no clue with the little green one.
Also when triggering the relay am i gonna tie into a source that has power when the key is in the run postion right? I assume the selenoid hold open with power to it when the key is on, and then when power is killed at the key it shuts the fuel down via spring pressure. Sorry but electronics are my kryptonite.:bang

You have a hold in and a pull in coil. If you leave the pullin coil energized all the time you will burn up the coil. The small one should be the hold in coil. Trigger the pullin off of the start position, and the hold on should be on the run key switch.

I used the fuel heater wire for the hold circuit. Hot in both run and start position. Been good for the last 2 years now.

No, just one for the pull circuit. Stock 12v doesn't have a relay on the hold circuit, and neither do I. If I remember right, the fuel heater wire is a signal wire for a relay, so there is virtually no current draw on that wire. Like I said, its been good for 2 years, and was driven daily for a year of that.

What i did for my wiring is that i built a new ground strap for the relay, the ECU, and the Solenoid, Next, I used the existing key on power wire out of the stock VP44 plug harness for the hold position. For the pull-in relay I tapped the starter trigger wire (Its REALLY easy to find since its just clipped to the fuse box in the engine bay). The point that was brought up in my other thread was that the heater relay will stay on for a decently long period of time which could lead to premature failure of the solenoid and its just another source of unnecessary current draw which could become an issue if your trying to crank your truck over in sub-zero weather.