Shuttering and not wanting to lockup in O/D

DOUBLE NICKEL

Hey I have a 04.5 auto with a full billet DTT and it drives and shifts fine when I am driving normal, but when I stomp on it it doesen't want to go into O/D and the truck starts shuttering and I have to let off for it to shift. This just started recently when I went to the track a couple of weeks ago. It is throwing a crankshaft sensor code ever so often when it happens. I have cleared the code several times with the bully dog, but it will throw it again when I hammer on it! I called James at JTT the guy who built the tranny and he said that most likely it is not the tranny and he said to check my connections on my TST since it connects to the crankshaft sensor. Is there anything else this might could be? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Ryan

Another elginite. Know a few people from down that way. I'll be heading there tomorrow. Anyways, if the truck keeps throwing a crankshaft sensor code I'd start looking there.

Alright Tyler thanks for the imput! So your saying I should start by checking my connections on the TST? What time you coming in tommorow?

if you find that the BD is not the problem i would look at the governor psi, if GP is too high the tranny will not shift well at all and will give you a fit, on the same token low GP will also affect the way it goes into lock up.

i have seen this happen twice now, i would have your builder check all your line pressures, servo pressures, and GP to see if there may be a problem else where in the tranny.

Duh. Don't know why I didn't think about you. Oh well. I'll be in sometime tomorrow late afternoon. I'm gonna try and sneak out of class early but we shall see. I remember justin saying that yall had a helluva time getting that crankshaft sensor in so I'd definately start there. Also, have you looked at your lock up controller to see if anything has changed on it?

Thanks for the input Diesel Power. Tyler I have not checked my controller but I don't see how anything could change by itself but I will see! Yeah that crankshaft connection is tuff to get to, but I guess I will get under there and check it out! Guess I will see you when you get into town!

Looks like I'll be getting out of class as soon as I take my test so I'll be there around 3-4.

Sounds good, I get off at five so I will be in town around 6ish! I don't know what ya'll have planned but I am going to the big rodeo in Taylor if ya'll want to go. All I know is that there is some beer that needs to be drank! I need to get this problem fixed on my truck before tommorow as well, not that this will affect me pulling I just want it fixed!

You sled pulling or doing tug of war? Last I heard justin was putting his clutch in so I'll probably head over there and drink beer and help him cause I need to put new battery cables on my truck. Assuming I can get them made up today.

It's just tug of war no sled pulling at the heatwave! Sounds good I might drop by there after work! Do you think you could take a look at my truck and see if you can see what might be wrong?

Sure. Although by the time you get there you might not want me anywhere near your truck. LOL

Back