Side Mirror Lens Removal

Lifted94XLT

I'm wantin to put some Smoked Recon Lens on my truck, and I can get them fro free from a buddy that doesn't want them anymore b/c he's tradin his truck in, but I can't figure out how to get the factory ones out..... I went to recon's website and looked everywhere and there's no installation instructions anywhere on the site, does anybody know how to do it or have a link to a place that has a step-by-step. Thanks guys.

--Ryan

Removal

NOTE: Part of the exterior mirror glass not shown for clarity.

NOTE: The small overlap ledge between the exterior mirror case front and the exterior mirror case rear can be used to prevent the exterior mirror cover clip from returning to the engaged position.

Tilt the exterior mirror glass away from each of the 4 exterior mirror corners, one at a time, and insert a flat-blade screwdriver into the exterior mirror cover clip access slot.
NOTE: If the exterior mirror cover does not release, make sure that the exterior mirror cover clips are fully released.

Release the exterior mirror cover clips by moving the screwdriver in the direction shown, while applying finger pressure on the exterior mirror cover to help hold the exterior mirror cover clips in the released position.

N0069635.gif

Remove the exterior mirror cover.
Disconnect the electrical connector.
Installation

Connect the electrical connector.
Install the exterior mirror cover.
Position the exterior mirror cover onto the exterior mirror.
Press the exterior mirror cover onto the exterior mirror.
NOTE: If necessary, use a sufficient light source to help in verification.

Visually verify that the exterior mirror cover clips are fully engaged onto the exterior mirror.

Back