Silencer Ring Removal?

BROCK401

Has anybody removed the Silencer Ring from their turbo? What are the benefits, or downfalls to this? and is it pointless?

But...it looks better when you actually look at it.

Some said that it made them louder, which I think is B.S

It really does nothing.

nah, it aint any different with or without the ring... i pulled the ring in mine, and its still the same sound...

The search feature on this site is amazing.

I think it made mine a bit louder back in the day. But if someone tells you it does anything else they deserve a kick to the bawlz because they sir, are phuggin liars.

It made my turbo louder. It was literally the first thing that gone done to my truck. But, now with a stereo system, straight piped exhaust, and a ****ered up fuel pressure gauge, I can barely hear it.

Don't know, but as far as usefulness of the "mod" I would say that the answer will be the same on any vehicle.

Some of the 6.0's had rings that could be removed and some where not able to. Either way not worth the time.

I believe the 03 ish turbos had the non removable rings without machining. So with that they are plenty loud for most anyone. Other than that there is no real benefit to this.

I think its pointless unless you want a louder turbo. I will sell you mine if you are interested its machined out by Doug.

obviously it's pointless unless you want a louder turbo, but... some people want a louder turbo... in which case, it's not pointless :p