Silver bullet 66 in a twin setup

wwm

TO MANY TRUCKS
I am looking to do a twin setup in the near future. I have a silver bullet 66 with zero miles on it and can't get rid of it so I was thinking what if I use it in my twin setup since its already waste gated and I have it.

My question is how would a sb66 over a s480 spool and perform?

Can a silver bullet be used in a twin setup even though it's a t3 gated housing?

What would the spool time be with it vs a s363 t4 over s480 t6?

The 63 is going to be more driver friendly, but 66/480 isn't impossible to drive.

Yours would probably be even friendlier with efi.

Industrial race twins are a SB66 over a S4T, they work good to 1000hp with limited nitrous.

Last edited:
My build will be about 750hp with dual cp3's and 180-200hp injectors. Also planning on efi once I get more of the parts

64/480 will have great spool and drive ability with the fueling and tuneability you will have. Can produce enough air for 1000hp with 100% or 200 hp injectors and dual cp3s. That is if you size up the chargers exhaust housings and wheels correctly

For 750, I wouldn't waste my time with the 66. It will work, but the 63 would be better all around for that power. The 66 would be better for 850-900+.

What about a sb 64 over 80mm

My goal is 750hp running dual pumps and 180-200hp injectors

The smaller the secondary, the more driver friendly it will be. I wouldn't use the 66 for a 750hp build.

What would be to spool difference from a t4 63 over 480
And t3 sb64 over 480.

Which would spool faster, and how much faster

I am looking to do a twin setup in the near future. I have a silver bullet 66 with zero miles on it and can't get rid of it so I was thinking what if I use it in my twin setup since its already waste gated and I have it.

My question is how would a sb66 over a s480 spool and perform?

Can a silver bullet be used in a twin setup even though it's a t3 gated housing?

What would the spool time be with it vs a s363 t4 over s480 t6?

I am running a sb66 right now from what I have done to my truck I am happy with the spool. The spool got a lot better after I did my head work with a healthy port and polish job (the 150 sticks help get her going to)! I am interested to see what people say about this because I was thinking of using my 66 in a twin set up as well.

Justin:pop:

I am running a sb66 right now from what I have done to my truck I am happy with the spool. The spool got a lot better after I did my head work with a healthy port and polish job (the 150 sticks help get her going to)! I am interested to see what people say about this because I was thinking of using my 66 in a twin set up as well.

Justin:pop:

I never once had a problem getting on top of my chargers, be it on the track or the dyno. We would constantly go to dyno events, in the dead heat of Texas summer, and people would claim it was pointless to dyno because nobody could spool their turbo. Mine got on top, no problem, fuel only, every time.

The problem I had was driving on the street, in traffic, without looking like an azzhole. You could drive it no problem, until you had to accelerate rapidly without blowing smoke everywhere. If you downshifted, they would come on fast and you would be gone. No downshift, better give it a bit or you're going to be leaving a trail.

Nowadays, with better tuning, this may be a moot point though.

I agree with Tuning, for my self going from Beta 4.2 too newer TNT-r or UDC it is definatly alot less cloudy behind the truck!

How are you egts with running just the silver 66. If ran wide open for say a 1/2 mile what would they reach.

With Smarty TNT-R on catcher setting 9 and all settings set to defalt about 1600.

With UDC I maxed out at 1200 at the highest before my govnor kicked in at 120mph. 66/74/14. BUT..it was on stock sticks...

And, im gonna be doing the 63/68.91 over a 475. Ive been thinking on a 480 with the 92wheel though. We shall see:nail:

With my 60% overs and box 66 with UDC peak get at wot was 1600* on a long high rpm pull