Silver Bullet

JHud

Anyone done any hauling with the Silver Bullet...I am just scared since its a 66 thats its gunna get too hott while towing...Its going on a 05 CR 6 speed with 120 sticks, Crazy Larry, intake and exhaust...Any info is better than none...thanks

Anyone done any hauling with the Silver Bullet...I am just scared since its a 66 thats its gunna get too hott while towing...Its going on a 05 CR 6 speed with 120 sticks, Crazy Larry, intake and exhaust...Any info is better than none...thanks

I had a very similar setup. It isnt the perfect setup for towing, but it will work. you'll probably stay at about 60-62 in 5th gear, or 75+ in 6th to keep egts in check. This is assuming a stock or close to stock tire size and 3.73 gears.

Turn down the programmer and you'll be fine.

I dont know how much you are gonna be towing but I have towed small loads (under 5k) and mine did fine. It quite like towing with a stocker but it ain't too bad.

With my setup in sig I have pulled about 5k, it wasnt to bad but I had to drive around my pyro. Truck liked to pull around 75-80 but i was pretty nervous pulling at that speed.

I towed a classic mopar car on a car trailer assume the wieght was about 6500 total. As said it takes alot of attention to rpms and going uphill it wanted to be towed 75 or more. BTW it will smoke like a mother with big stix at low rpm.

I just put a Hamilton cam in my motor with a bullet and it helps spool the turbo like a champ. Always a option if you wanna keep the bullet and tow with no worries

Alrighty thanks guys, now all i need to do is find one in my price range