silver bullit 66 80 pressures?

doomsdaydiesel

hey guys i have a a silver bullit 66 80 and i cant boost over 40 psi. is it possible to boost 70 plus psi?

hey guys i have a a silver bullit 66 80 and i cant boost over 40 psi. is it possible to boost 70 plus psi?

I would guess not. 70 psi on the gauge is a pressure ratio of like 5.75.{ (70 +14.7)/14.7 = 5.76 } Spend a little time looking as turbo compressor maps. Look at the left side of the map that is the pressure ratio. Most 66mm compressor maps that I find max out at around a 4 pressure ratio. (4 X 14.7 = 58.8 - 14.7 = 44.1) Or about 44.1 on a boost gauge.

i know what you are saying but i cant find the compressor maps anywhere.

does anyone know where to find them?

well i am trying to boost it up to see what it will do.

has anyone else hurd of what they start coming apart at as for psi?

You have to adjust the wastegate linkage if you want to increase the boost levels. Obviously your turbo is setup for the wastegate to be open at 40psi. What are you runing for boost on spray?

what happens if you pinch the waist gate off it there a difference in pressures?

trolls-doll-red-hair.jpg

Depends on the combination of the charger for the exact boost and what it is capable of. We have a couple 66's running 55 to 60 psi. None of our single 66’s run above 60psi.

with the right amount of fuel,actually with 150hp injectors from hypermax we were seeing 50-55psi with the silvert bullet 66 with the .80 housing, a **** to spool, the .70 housing on it spools better, makes 45-50psi

theres a truck that made 617hp on fuel with a silver bullet 64 with the .70 housing with elite 225's and innovative diesel's tunes and ficm tune.