single 4088R

Finch

how big is this turbo exactly and how much fuel would be needed to run it? im currently makeing in the 450 RWHP, truck is a 04, thanks in advance guys

id like to eventually get 800+ so its a work in progress. a local guy has the turbo so i thougy id ask. was looking at a 62 or 64, i still tow. current mods: ddp 90's, airdog 150, afe elbow, banks CAI, edge attitude( being replaced with a smarty) runs high 13's

would that work with mods or should i just move on? i dunno BB turbos at all

It would work great for a first turbo mod. It flows about 67 lb/min, so it would be similar to a Silver 64 roughly, but faster spooling. I think it'd work well for towing. I don't have a real solid feel for power, but changing to the Smarty with this turbo may get you around 570 hp.

If you're eventually shooting for over the 800 mark on fuel, you could probably use the 4088 as the small turbo, paired with something like the gtx4508 or a gt4708.

--Eric

It would work great for a first turbo mod. It flows about 67 lb/min, so it would be similar to a Silver 64 roughly, but faster spooling. I think it'd work well for towing. I don't have a real solid feel for power, but changing to the Smarty with this turbo may get you around 570 hp.

If you're eventually shooting for over the 800 mark on fuel, you could probably use the 4088 as the small turbo, paired with something like the gtx4508 or a gt4708.

--Eric

sounds good then, i dont have studs yet, so will that be a issue or just wastegate it down to 45.

more like a silver 62 IMO... the BW ETT wheels move good air

I would agree with Forrest, even though they have bigger wheels or same size wheels, they don't flow as much as bw. I had a gt4088r on my 6.7 that was too small, its sent off right now to upgrade to the 4094r with a bigger exhaust housing.

I would agree with Forrest, even though they have bigger wheels or same size wheels, they don't flow as much as bw. I had a gt4088r on my 6.7 that was too small, its sent off right now to upgrade to the 4094r with a bigger exhaust housing.

whats a BW?

Please post a pic of that thing when ya get it back! Id love to put the 4094 on my truck!! Where did you get it and when is it being rebuilt?

I got it from Tom at Turbo Re-source, I talked with him yesterday and he said it was supposed to be coming back my way today.

what would i need to make this turbo work? will it work on a stock mainifold/ CAI?

t4 manifold, water lines and fittings, new oil lines, new turbo to intercooler pipe, custom made downpipe because garrett has 3. something inch exhaust outlets on the 40r series. Its a lot of work but the turbos are nice.

Please post a pic of that thing when ya get it back! Id love to put the 4094 on my truck!! Where did you get it and when is it being rebuilt?

Here you go, just got it back yesterday and installed it today.

Awesome, went from a 63.5 compressor to a 67.8 and from a .85 exhaust housing to a 1.06 and it spools exactly the same as the gt4088r. Low throttle driving it runs a little hotter but heavy throttle driving is a little cooler. By the way I'm spooling this with 120 injectors and what I have in my sig but I'm not running any programming.

Back