Single battery

ehines218

So I know it's probably on here but I've been searching all day and can't find it. I believe because I'm on my phone but o well. What all do I need to do to run a single battery or I've heard of 2 smaller framed batteries that have high CCA still. Any info or help is greatly appreciated

I run single threaded post group 31 semi battery in all my swaps. No problems cranking just don't know how they will fit in a 2nd gen. If u can build a custom tray it shouldn't be a problem.

I run a single interstate megatron plus in mine. no problem for going on 2 years.

There are 2 grounds going to the passenger side battery. 1 for alternator and not sure what the other is for. Do I need to lengthen those over to drivers side or just ground to frame or block?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I pulled my passenger side without a problem. Like mentioned above I just removed the wires running to it from the driver side. My battery hold down on the passenger side didn't pass tech at the track.

And you did nothing with the 2 auxiliary grounds going to the pass side bettery

The ground from the passenger battery that goes into the wire harness by the alternator needs to go to a battery ground whether it's a single battery or multiple battery system. That wire (black with orange tracer) does not go to the alternator but splits into three grounds in the main harness over by the injection pump.

I run a single group 31 threaded post battery in my second gen. Pretty dam easy to do and there is loads of room on that passenger side. Mine fit in my factory tray. It is a squeeze but it does fit.

The ground from the passenger battery that goes into the wire harness by the alternator needs to go to a battery ground whether it's a single battery or multiple battery system. That wire (black with orange tracer) does not go to the alternator but splits into three grounds in the main harness over by the injection pump.
How is it space wise against the hood? And and where did you ground the black with orange wire too?
I run a single group 31 threaded post battery in my second gen. Pretty dam easy to do and there is loads of room on that passenger side. Mine fit in my factory tray. It is a squeeze but it does fit.

Last edited:
i run a single group 31 as well. clears the hood. i did trim my battery tray so it would fit.

Did you have do get a new hold down bracket?

Thread all, some wing nuts, and a strap of metal made my hold down. Maybe spent $10 total on it. It isn't a difficult swap to do OP.

Thread all, some wing nuts, and a strap of metal made my hold down. Maybe spent $10 total on it. It isn't a difficult swap to do OP.
Cool I'm thinking I'm just going to get the Artec battery box as well. Read on cummins forum about using it. Only thing that worries me are the grounds for ecm