Single turbo question??

whitelightnin

Wanting to know how big of a single i could spool on the street, mods are in my sig but currently doing a rebuild and going with .20over pistons, trying to decide on exhaust manifold, and thinking about going with a 188/220 hamilton cam. I currently have a sb66/s480 but i just liked the way a single feels when it lights. I was told i could spool up to a 74mm. Im looking for around 700 on fuel only and maybe around 900 on :nos:.Its not my daily driver, but it does get drove on the road and want to sled pull in some local events.
thanks in advance guys.

What's the RPM range? A 75mm I would think would be fully lit by 2500rpm.

You should be fine then. Shoot, just run the S480 you already have with a different exhaust side.

Could you pull a small camper with that just talking like 2 times a year and what size exhaust housing. Also going to a 5X.016 or 5X.018 injector make it spool better

Could you pull a small camper with that just talking like 2 times a year and what size exhaust housing. Also going to a 5X.016 or 5X.018 injector make it spool better

How heavy? What altitude? How far?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure didn't have one yet just thinking about future plans not going to tow hardly at all though oh and east TN. What about size of injector

If you're looking for 700hp on fuel, why not a 66ish charger like your current top turbo? Many guys have done 700 with them, and you already own it.

FWIW, the S480/92/1.25 I have as single on my dually lights around 3k rpm. Not what I'd call tow-friendly.

Didn't figure the 66 would quite get me there as easy or to small for looking to 900 with nos

Has anyone ever tried the new borg warner s371 billet. I know EPR had one on a dmax that out performed a s472.

My s468 with the 83/74 turbine and .90 housing will do what you want IMO. My average hp calculates to high 600s on fuel right now, never had it on a Dyno though. Put a big gate on it and spray it to whatever you want.

If you want the feel of a big "hit" just program the nitrous to hit at like 20psi, and it will feel like you got rear-ended by a freight train no matter what turbo you run. As for injectors, might as well go with 5x18s, just because why not. Nitrous will always burn all the extra fuel. I WOULD put an external gate on though.

top turbo? Many guys have done 700 with them, and you already own it.

FWIW, the S480/92/1.25 I have as single on my dually lights around 3k rpm. Not what I'd call tow-friendly.

I can't believe that hot side spools at all! makes me more confident about a larger single with tighter hot side/wastegate for my dually though.

i run a 71/83/.9 on my truck, everything in sig and i towed approx 7000lbs no problem, i'm at sea level

Back