Sirius not working.

Dmaxaholic

So I just bought a '08 Mega Cab and noticed it had the Sirius antenna on it. So I tried to se if I could find it in the radio and get it to work. When I hit the button and went to the Sirius part it doesn't have any volume. I know it probably needs activating but where do I find the number to activate it and is the no volume and channel 184 a problem.

you can try and ask the dealer to help, give them your vin and see if they can pull up your Sirius ID number on your truck. or when you change your radio to sirius try flipping through the channels to see if your ID shows up on the radio, they usually do when they need to be activated.

your radio may also have the sirius button but no sirius tuner in the truck, i would still check with the dealer, or you could always goto your local Car Audio shop and have them find out if you have a Sirius Tuner!

you can try and ask the dealer to help, give them your vin and see if they can pull up your Sirius ID number on your truck. or when you change your radio to sirius try flipping through the channels to see if your ID shows up on the radio, they usually do when they need to be activated.

I love it when the Sirius comes with a new car, but hate it when the sub runs out. Especially when the dealer forgets to tell you that there's only a month left, for instance.