Skyjacker 8" Coilver ZLink kit

sredish

Where am I?
Anyone heard or experienced anything with Skyjackers Z Link 8" coilover kit? Seems to be priced pretty nice at around $3,220 for the full setup including shocks. It includes rear springs as well but I wouldn't need those so I could delete maybe or sell them. Says it's good for 38 inchers.

FCO9852MKS.jpg

I wouldn't run it.

The Z link with greatly effect caster change throughout the suspension travel.

The Full Traction and Fabteck 4-Link conversions are better.

The Full Traction is the best, IMO (short of One Up Offroad...but they start at 10"+ and are $$$)

whats the full traction kit run roundabouts..., can't find pricing anywhere... that's the one i want anyways...

oh yea, you ready to sell a 4.5" donahoe drop hanger?

The Full Traction conversion (front only) with King 2.5" coilover would be approx. $500 more than the SJ Z-Link

The Full Traction links are adjustable (and can be setup slightly taller than 8"), and the upper coilover mount is a hoop style mount.

sweeet, so can i get it through you? i'm not quite ready but I'm trying to get the costs nailed down to see if i can embezzle it from the wife.... hmm maybe blackmail... not sure there yet.

Dan, have you ridden in a truck with that setup, if so, how's it ride? What about the rear, there has to be a way to tame the rear some more. It only starts to ride decent when I put 400 or 500 pounds in the back....

I have not, yet. I've ridden on newer 4-linked SDs with King coilovers though.

The geometry of the Full Traction kit is very good....better than the Fabtech kit, IMO.

What are you running in the rear?
5" Deavers? Are they De-arched?

I'd love to run the Full Traction conversion on my truck at some point in time.....but I'd opt for the Donahoe Racing Zoo Road coilovers :D

They are more costly than the Kings, but have some aspects of them that are superior to Kings, IMO. Such as: nitrosteel shafts, braided hose, and the optional IVD coating on the body to protect it from the elements.

The Full Traction 4-Link kit is going on my truck on April 10!!! PSC cylinder assist too!!!

I will be sure to give some feedback.

Nice Combo.

I'll be adding the PSC to my truck as well.....really need it with the 40s on now.

DCSpecial said:
Nice Combo.

I'll be adding the PSC to my truck as well.....really need it with the 40s on now.

Thanks! Also, on the PSC kit they are now recommending that you run a ported hydrobooster to guard against pump failure.

I have the ported hydroboost and an upgraded pump and gearbox. The assist ram is out in the shop waiting mounts to be put on my truck. The upgraded box, pump and hydroboost make a helluva difference on their own, can't wait to get the ram on. The hydroboost really seemed to make a difference with the brakes as well.

Oh yea, Dan, my rear springs are 5" and the were not dearched. They were supposed to be but after I talked to them, it was apparent they forgot. Does that make that big of a difference?

Dearching the rears will make them ride softer. The bottom 3 leafs no longer add to the spring rate.
The new DR springs come this way from DR.

Where did you get the ported hydroboost from?
PSC offer it now?

My buddy has the Skycrapper, They use cheap powder coating and honestly I think my 6.5 rides better.Even before I added the Fox shox( not that I drove it yet with the shocks on) Also, he needs huge offset wheels to clear the set up. I think all these coilovers are like that

You mind me asking how much the kit is since I can't seem to find the SD on their page?

don't mind but i just can't remember. i wanna say around 3 bills but don't hold me to it.

anyone need some 4 inch front deavers, so i can replace mine with 6's?

Ah, that's not that bad on the pricing.

Deciding to go up in lift height?

well, with the front. i just need to level it as it's still down a couple in the front. reason is, I was planning on the dearched and they came full 5"

i want to do it cheap, just 1.5" or so but can't seem to get it done cheap. i thought about taking apart my mini-spring pack and using one or two of the mini-leafs and bolting it all back together. i've thought about getting some DR spring hangers and I've thought about longer shackles (the ones i have are 1.5" lift shackles) but if i'm going to spend the time and money on hangers, i'd rather have the springs; the shackles don't need to be any longer. i like the mini-leaf idea and am considering it. i have at least 2" worth on the ubolts, so there's room and they told me as long as i'm using a normal ubolt, i can use the whole thread with a couple hanging out the nut. i'm also getting close to needing crossover. i could use it now but much more lift and it'll get imperative.

Last edited: