Sled Pulling History Question

Well about 3 years ago you could get by with just having a chip and decent clucth. I could usually place in the top 5 everywhere with just that. Now if you don't have at least 500hp you better ghet something if you want to compete. I think sled pulling and drag racing has really brought around the diesel pick up market too. Ford, Chevy, and Dodge always out there trying to beat one another.

It took off when I won Thunder in Muncie in 02.:hehe::cheer:

Dave Mitchell put it on the internet map with the infamous bull horn stack smoke picture, tugging the sled. Thats what got me hooked.
However, I am sure somebody turned up their 89 Cummins and was smoking the fans back in 1989.
What really lit the fire, is when we started beating the gasser trash.

Early rules?

1. Diesel Engine.
2. 26 inch hitch.

Rules subject to change upon outcome of pull.

Such as, after you whip the Tommy Tu Stock locals,"If it smokes you are DQed"

It took off when I won Thunder in Muncie in 02.:hehe::cheer:

Dave Mitchell put it on the internet map with the infamous bull horn stack smoke picture, tugging the sled. Thats what got me hooked.
However, I am sure somebody turned up their 89 Cummins and was smoking the fans back in 1989.
What really lit the fire, is when we started beating the gasser trash.

Early rules?

1. Diesel Engine.
2. 26 inch hitch.

Rules subject to change upon outcome of pull.

Such as, after you whip the Tommy Tu Stock locals,"If it smokes you are DQed"

It really took off when you were beat at thunder 01 by a stock duramax. You made it what, 60'?? :eek:wned: :hehe:

It really took off when you were beat at thunder 01 by a stock duramax. You made it what, 60'?? :eek:wned: :hehe:

I'd forgot about that!!! Had to be first Chevy on he track, who was it??

I think my hook was under 50 feet.

Back when an S-300 or B-1 or whatever you prefer was a big turbo! Now thats just a mild street charger!

Tractor puling itself has been said to be starte by Ferrucio Lambrghini way back in Italy post WWI. Yes he is the guy who builds lamborghinis and man dont know lamborghini cars were started because ferrucios wide didnt like his ferraris clutch. He complained to Enzo ferrari and it got pretty heated so ferrucio built his own car and it slowly took off and now is a large exotic brand.

However he got started with tractors and his tractors still live on today but are owned by ??? same company that owns SAME tractors.

He started tractor pulling simply to prove that his tractors were best.

As for pulling in the US Im sure it was the same.

mid to late 90's and my truck is a piece of history from the early pulling day's I didnt think twice when I had a chance to get it.

Attachments

• truckhooked.JPG
    truckhooked.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 40
Back