Sled pulling with a FMVB transmission

curtisbuhs

Hello all, I am sled pulling with a 2007 Ram 3500 5.9L 363/475 turbos, 100% and a 10mm cp3, Wagler rods, Hamilton 188/220 cam, 103 valve springs and hd pushrods, fire ringed head and ARP 625s and an Ultimate Transmission FMVB 48re all billet shafts.
I have Firepunk's tuning with 5 settings up to roughly 800hp. The other weekend I ran 4-Lo tune 3, started in 1st shifted to second at roughly 2000rpms I hit lockup and kept the engine between 4000 and 4500 rpms. First pull with this setup. I believe I could have shifted into 3rd gear. If I want to shift to 3rd should I hit lock up only once I am in 3rd or do a locked 2-3 shift?
Thanks for your reply.

I'm not running a FMVB but I start in 4lo manual 1st and send it to the limiter, shift into 2nd gear and hit lockup immediately, Then let it shift into 3rd with lock up engaged and go like hell until I spin all 4 tires at the end of the pull. Make sure to put it in N at the end of the pull so you don't stall the truck.

I'm not running a FMVB but I start in 4lo manual 1st and send it to the limiter, shift into 2nd gear and hit lockup immediately, Then let it shift into 3rd with lock up engaged and go like hell until I spin all 4 tires at the end of the pull. Make sure to put it in N at the end of the pull so you don't stall the truck.
I can just unlock the converter. No need to find neutral. I have a button right on my shifter. Thanks for the reply.