sledpulling.... poor performance

IC-Smoke

Oh SNAP!
well with my add-ons (see sig) Im not doing so hot at the pulls, whats gives? Ive got a Edge drag comp, 200hp sticks billet DTT and Im pulling 2nd gear Drive low lock Ive watched a couple of my videos and it looks like Ive got the wheel spin going on pretty good but just no traction.... Im working on a suitcase weight bracket at the moment but Im not sure if it will help or not..... I know Im only 6980lbs and being in the modified class Im in the bottom of each pull. Pretty annoying :bang Any Tips or Tricks I should do? I build as much boost as my brakes can hold when starting off. Im not going to make this a professional puller but Id like to do well. Ive thought about a cam and a smarty programmer....

Oh yeah I chatted with a guy thats got a 06 Dmax with a Juice/Attitude (other than that completely stock) and after a lil bit we lined them up on a back road I launched on him in 4x but other than that he was on my butt:doh: I was P.O. after that!

Ian

get the weight up to 8k, and block the rear, and move the hitch forward.

what size tires? everyone says 33's are best, i am gonna step down to 33's soon myself

Im running 285-70-17s BFG AT's (on 3rd gen rims)

Im going to have to do some fab work to the hitch to get it further forward under the truck :bang This is a STD cab long bed.

The next pull isnt till aug 3rd:doh:

Make sure your hitch height is at the maximum.
Get the weight up to the maximum. If you do not have a weight bar, pile it in the floorboards and at the front of the bed.
Are you in 2nd gear low range with the converter locked up? If not you need to be.
What kind of 200 horse sticks?
If you don't have them put some bars on it to prevent axle wrap. It is pretty easy to break a pinion on a 70 when it wraps.