Slicks?

cj41foley

Pedal To The Metal
I need to find some slicks and 2 wheels for the rear of my Super Duty. I've been running a 9.3 and 9.4 in the 1/8th with my 2wd truck. I can only launch it from about 1200 RPM, anymore and it just spins till I let off if it. What kinda of tires do I need to get it to hook? What kinda of times could I expect to see if I could really launch it good? Maybe high 8's. My truck is a 06" f250 cc 6.0 with SCT X cal and custom straight pipe 4" exhaust exiting in front of rear tire, and also the ZOO dad mod. I want to get a AFE intake with the pro guard 7 filter and custom tunes, but got to wait on the money. TIA

I got a set of 305-45-18 nitto drag radials on 18x10 wheels for $680 to my door from Discount Tire Direct. The guys name was Romeo. My 06 2wd 2500 did a 1.76 60', and a 7.77 eighth mile with them saturday..

What was your 60' time ?
You should be able to cut easy 2.0's in a 2wd with some practice....without slicks.

I ran 8.4's in the 1/8 with just sct,intake,and straight pipe..With NOS I ran a 7.9 and it was a VERY HOT that day too...My truck is a 4x4 CC,SB,SRW...With your truck depending on who's tune and traction.. you could run a mid 8's...

Last edited:
Can't remember exactly what the 60' times were. I think around 2.2 but I could be wrong. I try and find the slips when I get off work. UNBROKEN tell me what is your game plan when staging and trying to get a good take off.

Back