slow towing

rockfish

:thankyou2:I have a 01 diesel w/ a banks 4" exhaust, big head wastegate, nv5600 6 spd. 245 75r 16 general hts tires, 75,000 miles, k&n filter, otto mind, boost, and ex. temp guages. When I tow 12k in the mountains on a 6* grade, I'm only going 40mph at the top, and getting 14mpg. I'm thinking of putting a B D aux. fuel pump, Edge juice w/ attitude, and a S&B intake. I hunt on alot of dusty roads. Does this sound good, or any suggestions? I can't find the old otto mind, it's under the dash, but I'm not sure what it looks like. I called Banks, and they said I should get a high ram intake, quick turbo kit, and newer otto mind, or if I used the Edge product it would damage my engine, because I would be supplying more fuel, but not enough air? I would like to go 60mph up hill towing, and have better performance, and last another 75,00 miles. Is this possible? Thanks

Go with a good Fass or Airdog system, an AFE intake, and the juice, that should get you you close! if it don't then get some small injectors like rv275's or DDP 1's or 2's! first make sure you have good lift pump to keep your injector pump fed!!

When you find the atto mind remove it and throw it as far as possible. Get the aux fuel kit, juice att, and some type of air box (S&B, AFE, ect...)

Be sure to get the fuel pressure kit with the Juice. If you dont tap the pump wire with the Juice it adds 60 hp. I you do tap it youll get 120hp. Its not safe to tow on 120. The juice also has selectible options that will limit your fuel when it sees excessive EGT's.

With all due respect, please, forget banks exists.

the ottomind will be mounted under the steering collum on the back of that big part of the dash right in front of your knees. just pop it off and remove, its a red box that should say Banks Ottomind IIRC. like was said earlier, with all do respect remove the otto mind and throw it off on of those real tall mountians. I had one for a while and I noticed 0 difference in the pickup. the high-ram intake will not help with preformance hardly at all, I had one, Its just alittle bling under the hood. like everyone else said try the edge its the way to go. I have one and love it. As for the intake if you dont like the idea of dusty roads and a high flowing intake you may want to try a BHAF(big honkin air filter) all it is a big paper filter that flows a decent amount of air, plenty for towing, and filters way better. as far as a aux. fuel pump the cheap way out that me and a few others on here have done is use the relocation kit from Vulcan which moves the lift pump back on the frame and helps greatly with fuel. This is done so that you dont drain the vp of fuel with the j/a set on the higher settings. As far as damaging your motor, it shouldnt happen if you keep your egt's in check. These are things that I have experinced so I know where you are coming from and this is the best advise I can give.

An AirDog will give you a great start. You will love it. Then your lift pump worries are gone forever. LIFETIME WARRANTY

Upgrade the fuel system, Airdog if you want to spend the money, relocate a NEW stock style if you don't. For power pick up a used (or new) Edge EZ and throw a set of RV 275 injectors in, then just forget about it till that weak as hell stock clutch goes phooey. When that happens call South Bend Clutch and order a CON O, install it, drive the truck and enjoy. For intake other than stock with a high amount of dust go with a dry element type filter, the BHAF is an excellent choice followed by the S&B.

Chunk the Banks stuff, sorry to say but it's money well wasted.