small fuel filter

strokercuban85

have any of you guys heard of taking out the small fuel filter . someone told me that they had taken their filter out for better performance .

I dang sure wouldn't. Take it out and look how dirty it is and that should make your decision for you. I would only take it out if you have an aftermarket fuel system on the truck as well.

If you run a FASS or something similar with a 2 micron filter then you can chunk it...if not...leave it alone.
The filter on the HFCM is only 10 micron IIRC...the small filter on the motor catches the stuf that'll trash your injectors.

If you run a FASS or something similar with a 2 micron filter then you can chunk it...if not...leave it alone.
The filter on the HFCM is only 10 micron IIRC...the small filter on the motor catches the stuf that'll trash your injectors.

HF6604 is the 4 micron filter for the FASS from fleetguard. The small filter and stock lines will flow enough fuel for 700HP.

so if u have a airdog 150 and a set off 200cc and a 66 should u trash the small filter on top???

It doesn't hurt you or hold you back. The filter flows plenty and has a large enough outlet at the bottom to feed the heads. The stock fuel lines are just as large as your fuel intensifier. 4an is .125. The stock banjo bolts if you pull the check valves are usually drilled to .250 and have 2 .125 inlets in them. You can pull it apart and measure them if you want to.

Back