Small fuel leak on bottom CP3

Howling

Soot Sniffer
I'm trying to trace down a small fuel leak on the bottom cp3.All the lines are dry seems to be coming from the spacer between the gear case and pump.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374936198105.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374936198105.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 0
about every cr truck ive seen leaks right there. I had warranty work done on my 05 for that and I believe when I traded it in with 30k miles on it the pump was leaking again

There shouldn't be fuel leaking from in between the gear spacer and the CP3. If there was a leak there it should be oil.

There's a weep hole in the manifold, its common for the pumps to leak there, But it will need to be removed...if it gets by the front seal it will be leaking into crankcase instead of manifold and gear case.

After removing the pump it seems the only place it was leaking was between the pump flange and pump body, on the bottom of the pump. In the pic you can't see where it was leaking from since the pic was taken with the pump installed on the truck.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376479693746.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376479693746.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 0
If leaking between Front cover and Pump manifold, its the weep Hole (seals), if Leaking between the Pump body and manifold, it could be any 1 of 7 O-rings.

Ok, I know its iron and the chances are remote, but is that a crack in the pump housing across the bore for the 'piston plug' shown in the pic? That line starts at the bore and travels down the side, my OCD can't ignore it anymore.

Edit: The red circles.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376479693746.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376479693746.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thanks, Eric. I will seriously sleep better tonight with that clarity. :nosarcasm:

Not that you would have missed it, but If it was cracked I'd have felt like a dick for not asking. LOL