smarty defuels when shifting into OD?

Izzy

i have the latest software on my smarty. when on the throttle, the smarty defuels when shifting into overdrive. sometimes it is so bad that it will bark my turbo. has anyone noticed this with thier smarty? i have tried different settings and it keeps doing it. it is very annoying. other than that, i love the responsiveness it gives my truck.

I have the same problem. I called the and they told me that there was no defueling in the programing. The only thing that helps is turning on my edge box. I hopr we get some answers.

i have spoke to bob and he also said that he never noticed it in his truck. my thing is how are some people drag racing with the smarty and getting good times. do theres not defuel? if i could just figure out how to rid of that...i feel my truck would just flat out break loose through the gears. i really hope this gets solved.

I've never had a problem with my smarty defueling while shifting through the gears, only off the line. I'm with you Izzy, I don't see how they're running good times with it either. I run faster without the smarty, but I don't have injectors or anything else done to my fuel system.

My truck only does it at about 3/4 throttle and not at all with the edge box on. Bump do you have your torque man. turned all the way up? If not that may be Y ur not getting off the line. My truck comes off the line crazy hard but I might have more done to my truck. They say the more you have done to ur truck the better the smarty works.

A tight transmission can also cause this. My DTT will bark my turbo shifting into OD if I'm around 30psi of boost and I have no smarty. Your smarty may just be exaggerating this. The smarty does not defuel between shifts. Heck, even the factory computer only defuels off the line and between the 1-2 shift and that's it.

with my old drag comp, my tranny would shift into od and flat out rocket from the get go. with the smarty off and ts mvp on, my truck will go right into the shift and never miss a beat. with the smarty, it seems i am fighting the pedal and then as the rpm's move up, the acceleration comes on strong.

other than that, the smarty with the new software pulls damn well mid to top end. i am able to hit 3400-3450 rpms fairly easy. the smarty has come a long way for our trucks. i will definately not get rid of it. i just wish this defuel shift would get solved.

yea i have my tq man turned all the way up but it doesnt seem to help much. Like you said i think it will workout better when I get more done to my truck, injectors, fuel pump, etc.

yea i have my tq man turned all the way up but it doesnt seem to help much. Like you said i think it will workout better when I get more done to my truck, injectors, fuel pump, etc.

I figured you did but it doesnt hurt to ask. I over look things sometimes.