Smarty & Edge EZ

Jobless

Does the EZ for a 2000 24V add timing & fuel or just fuel?

If it does timing I need to change to the even number on the Smarty.

Thanks
Brad

I wouldn't say it doesn't add that much timing. Don't recomend running two timing boxes, especially if you have large injectors.

I wouldn't say it doesn't add that much timing. Don't recomend running two timing boxes, especially if you have large injectors.

When I 1st got it all plugged in I had the Smarty on 5, I started the truck up just to make sure it would run and the 1st thing I noticed is how much quieter and smoother it was at idle.

Anyway, I turned it off and changed the Smarty over to 6.

Playing with the switch on the Edge level 1 doesn't have any smoke, which is nice for daily commuting, level three definately makes more. I spent weeks playing with settings on the Smarty and found that you could tune out the smoke but that obviously decreases performance.

What about trying the even numbers and then adjusting the timing with the Smarty settings a little at a time? What's the negative impact? Much like a gas motor?

i only have 60 hp injectors but a friend of mine said u can run to much timing on the 98.5-2002 cummins i think he saig the vp wont let it or something like that i dont much just learning

Back