Smarty Firmware Adjustments?

Jobless

The new Smarty F/W allows some customization in regards to torque, injection timing & injection duration.

Has anyone played with this on a 2nd Gen?

Can you tell me what would work best for towing, mileage, lower EGT's, etc...? Towing from 7 - 10k lbs...

Obvisouly the higher the setting of all three will eventually get you to level 9 but what if you modify the settings individually?

Thanks
Brad

It's not a firmware upgrade. It's a software upgrade. And do some searching on here about it. Lots of guys running that program with a lot of different settings.

I've been digging around in the previous threads about the Revo software and is the "torque management" setting within the software more applicable to automatics vs. 5 or 6 speed manuals?

I've also read that too high of a SW# will result in too much fuel down low in the RPM range and not allow the turbo's to spool up quick enough, more smoke less boost, can anyone confirm this?

I'm not running anything other than DDP 150's and an HX35/14 on top and S400 on the bottom with the Smarty.

I'm not necessarily looking for max hp/tq but something that will give me quick spool up, manageable smoke and EGT's while towing.

I have a stock hx35 and I run the smarty on SW#6 with torque setting on default, timing on 1(stock) because I also run the comp box, and injection on 5. I usually run the comp box on 1X3, 2X3 or 3X3. This has worked fairly well in getting an average of 16-18 mpg(imperial), and still allowing the cruise to work smoothish.
I would suspect SW#4 would work better with the cruise as this would lower the torque setting and therefore lower low boost fueling.
Lots of info on the comp box giving max mileage on higher secondary settings, but all my trials have never made any difference. The comp box gives me 2mpg no matter what setting.
The Smarty gives poor mileage towing, but very smooth power and quick spooling, low smoke etc. The smarty timing is very advanced when trying to tow in the economy setting. I wouldn't do it. It does give good mileage when empty/not hauling.
FYI my truck weighs in at 13300# with the camper and 21500# with camper and trailer.
Injection timing #3 is for aftermarket injectors. You should use that one to start. That was suggested to me from the man in Italy. It's not as advanced as #2, as #2 is for stock injectors.
Goodluck.

Back