smarty once again.

inline6359

Microwaving cats since 01
I will be selling my dad predator and probably going with smarty, mainly because of the footprint it DOES NOT leave. Or atleast they say. My question is: Why are there 2 levels for each power setting, is the 170hp timing setting any more powerful then the other 170 setting? And will the smarty live up to it name? I hear how this is the way to go, and something you can grow into later on?

i am not sure if i want the powermax cr or if something else out there will better suit him?

Rick

one setting is with timing.. one isn't. Some boxes that you can stack the Smarty with. like an Edge box.. add's timing itself. So having the smarty add more timing on top of that is a bad thing. Where the TST doesn't add timing.. So you let the smarty take care of that. My Dad has one on his 05 and absolutely loves it. Some of the auto guys are having some issues. Which I'm sure will be fixed, but the manual guys are loving it.

it caused me some problems.
i will let you know tomorrow what it made go wrong on my truck when the dealership calls me.

ooh and i have a 6spd.

chase n.

I'm kinda with Bob on that one, I've never seen a Smarty goof up a truck in any way.

I'm curious to see what the dealer says though!:pop:

Only thing i have ever seen a SMARTY do is Slip a tranny ... Or that could have been my Right foot Too .... :hehe:

sorry, i did not say the smarty MADE the problems, i said caused.
simply meaning, the problem could have already been there but was operating alright until all the extra power hit to make it fail.

found out was wrong, being fixed tomorrow:
#4 bad injector
lift pump
fuel delivery something?

chase n.

The day my Dad installed the Smarty, the driveline u-joint took a crap.. Dang 3rd gens have JUNK u-joints.. On their drivelines and on the axle shafts :bang

My Stock U-Joints are holding up with Dual Fuelers, Compound Turbos, HUGE Injectors, And a Smarty! Sled-Pulling and Drag Racing.:rockwoot:

Ultimate Diesel said:
My Stock U-Joints are holding up with Dual Fuelers, Compound Turbos, HUGE Injectors, And a Smarty! Sled-Pulling and Drag Racing.:rockwoot:
we've seem to have a string of bad luck with them over here.. get close to 50k and the things are done for.. They freeze up. Take them apart and a red dust comes out of them. No way to grease em.