smarty revo or tnt

trak560

hey guys i was wondering based on my sig if i would bennefit anything from downloading the tnt software on my s06 pod. currently have ver.4.03. I dont know if need the tnt based on my minor mods. dont really need a higher level that will drain the rail or cause damage. just looking for the best sw setting or number based on my truck. thanks

if you have a built tranny and you're not running TNT, you're doing yourself a disservice IMO...

I run TNT8 with timing on my 03... all stock other than built tranny

will the timing change cause any issues? ive been searching on hear and foud that you like tnt level 8 tq 0 timing 3 and all the rest defalt. do you still like this the best, and what kind of mileage are you getting. if i set it to this i think i would have to change it to do a little towing.

just download the software and try it. Im running the tnt software on mine with stock injectors and cp3. I had the stock turbo until 2 days ago. it did just fine with the stock setup. if you dont like it, go back to revo. I cant see why you wouldnt like it though.

I'm actually running timing timing 2 now... the popping on the 03/04's is a thing of the past and the added timing helps fuel mileage

I'm actually running timing timing 2 now... the popping on the 03/04's is a thing of the past and the added timing helps fuel mileage
If I do a boosted launch or WOT from a stop, mine will pop a couple times then clears up

interesting... I haven't run into it yet with the later TNT files. But if I do, I'll put the timing on 3 for sure

Im running SW#9, RP2, torque 3, timing 2. Havent gotten a chance to play around with it much to see if any changes would help it

My 04 pops in the upper rpm range with any lower timing setting than #3 with TNT also.

I havent had a chance to play with it yet. If I get a little time this evening I'll try it. Gotta put a set of exhaust manifold gaskets on and do a fluid change in the tranny.

I haven't tried #8, but i do run the tq managment either on stock or default. Seems like I put timing at 3 did not get a pop from the exhaust and left it there.

good info. im currently trying my first download and opening up a new file for the smarty is taking forever. but once i get it ill play with it for a while. thanks

That popping can't be healthy. On my 03 I had the pop and didn't like it, I didn't run it again until I got my Airdog installed, once that was installed, I no longer had the pop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well i loaded tnt and it goes now. but now i dont have any gear selectors that light up on the dash. might have to try reloading it.

so my wife drove the truck and she says i need to turn it down before one of us gets a speeding ticket. gotta love the smarty :)

well i loaded tnt and it goes now. but now i dont have any gear selectors that light up on the dash. might have to try reloading it.

the same thing happened to me when i switched to TNT. scared the crap out of me! i was thinking, oh crap! my PCM is fried just like a bully dog would do!

i ended up setting the defuel back to stock. that alone didnt fix it so i ended up reprogramming to level 7 then back to 8 and it all came back to proper working order! this is something that bob needs to fix and update in the newer programming. that is the first quirk my smarty has ever gave me since new on 07'

now, if i can just figure out why my smarty has always made my throttle surge when im on cruise control coasting down hill :bang

the same thing happened to me when i switched to TNT. scared the crap out of me! i was thinking, oh crap! my PCM is fried just like a bully dog would do!

i ended up setting the defuel back to stock. that alone didnt fix it so i ended up reprogramming to level 7 then back to 8 and it all came back to proper working order! this is something that bob needs to fix and update in the newer programming. that is the first quirk my smarty has ever gave me since new on 07'

now, if i can just figure out why my smarty has always made my throttle surge when im on cruise control coasting down hill :bang

what software version are you running? my 04 surged, but it was an old TNT-R file... none of my other trucks have surged on cruise control. do you have the torque management cranked up?