smarty ?'s

Smoker17

sPoolinfOol
so do are u only able to load 1 out of the 9 setting into the truck, unplug and run that setting? or can u load all 1-9 setting into the compute rof the truck and have some sort of external controller that recognizes all 9 and just switch between them? or do u have to replug the smarty back in everytime and redownload whichever one u want?

let me know if this sounds confusing and i will try to elaborate more.

basically if i jsut get the smarty i can only load one at a time, if it is possible to load all 9 with some sort external controller to hold all 9, and can u change me on the fly with this controller? (like while running)

tia,

Smoker

if you load one, thats the one your are stuck with till you reload a different one. so yes one at a time...

This is my only complaint with the Smarty is that I have to stop, plug in the box, turn the truck off, and wait 5 minutes instead of having the option of changing programming at the touch of a button...
THUS, why it's nice to stack the Smarty with something like an Edge Comp that you can play with...

DirtyBlonde said:
This is my only complaint with the Smarty is that I have to stop, plug in the box, turn the truck off, and wait 5 minutes instead of having the option of changing programming at the touch of a button...
THUS, why it's nice to stack the Smarty with something like an Edge Comp that you can play with...

does the edge have like a few settings and u can add one from a smarty and mix em, if u can elaborate somemore that would be sweet, or make a scenario* cause im a newb haha

The Edge Comp has timing built into its programming, whereas you’ll notice with the Smarty that odd numbers add timing, while evens do not. Using the Smarty in combination with another chip, for instance the Comp, that is stackable you would use only even numbers as the other box is controlling your timing.
Fooooor instance, when I run JUST the Smarty I usually bump it to 5, 7, or 9. When I use in combination with my Edge I’ll run it on 4, 6, or 8 and use the Comp which has multiple settings to adjust on the fly.

Or you could just not waste your money, and buy a box that actually adds horsepower.

DirtyBlonde said:
The Edge Comp has timing built into its programming, whereas you’ll notice with the Smarty that odd numbers add timing, while evens do not. Using the Smarty in combination with another chip, for instance the Comp, that is stackable you would use only even numbers as the other box is controlling your timing.
Fooooor instance, when I run JUST the Smarty I usually bump it to 5, 7, or 9. When I use in combination with my Edge I’ll run it on 4, 6, or 8 and use the Comp which has multiple settings to adjust on the fly.

thanks for explaining

MKoth said:
Or you could just not waste your money, , aand buy a box that actually adds horsepower.

Please elaborate, what are you not happy with?

Nick

Smokem said:
The dyno results.

2nd Gen I am assuming? What level and what were the readings? Sorry this is off topic. PM me if you would like to keep talking, so as not to hijack, just wondering what your troubles were. I was sick last time a dyno day in my area took place, so I don't know, but Seat of the Pants on my 3rd Gen tells me it's getting power.

Nick

NPloysa said:
Please elaborate, what are you not happy with?

Nick

My truck with big injectors and an unsprung double disk clutch was very jumpy at anything other then full throttle, which made the cruise control unusable. I tried every setting, and any combination stacked with an EZ, a VA, or a TST. I am just happy I was able to borrow one, and didn't waste my money on it.

Smokem's brother's 01 gained over 40 horse by going back to a stock ECM instead of the smarty.

Smokem's 00 dually has a MAD ECM, and it runs great untill it hits 2k rpm, then it falls flat on its face.

The only thing I liked about the smarty was the ability to adjust the speedo for tire size.

my buddy and i both have them 1 on an 06 with a manual tranny and mine is an 02 with an auto.havent had them dynoed yet, so we will see. it makes a big difference on the bottom though.for city driving they are a fun programmer. not sure what the dyno will say, but i honestly dont care.i will report my results though for others. matt

Bob Wagner said:
smarty is all about drivability.

Since when is a touchy throttle and the inability to use cruise control "driveability" ?

NPloysa said:
2nd Gen I am assuming? What level and what were the readings? Sorry this is off topic. PM me if you would like to keep talking, so as not to hijack, just wondering what your troubles were. I was sick last time a dyno day in my area took place, so I don't know, but Seat of the Pants on my 3rd Gen tells me it's getting power.

Nick

dont worry bout the hijack, i would like to also hear the truth before i buy a chip or antyhing like that, it also would be nice to have something u can have all 9 or 10 settings loaded in and just pick each one and adjust on the fly. Please continue, as i need to buy something soon. thx.

Bob Wagner said:
Matt are you talking catcher ecm or smarty?

I was given use of a smarty for a few weeks while Smokem and I did a few small mods to the owner's truck.

I tried every single setting, from 0-9, as well as tried stacking it with a TST, a VA, and an EZ.

With my setup, I was not happy at all with the smarty.

Smokem and and his brother's trucks both have have/had the MAD ecm.