smarty s03 help !

12vlambo

i have a 98.5 24v cummins i had the superchip max micro tuner installed and my truck and forgot about it when i loaded my buddys smarty to my truck it loaded everything just fine and could tell a major difference my problem is i unloaded the superchip and went to adjust on the smarty and all that comes up is "warning ecm changed" , i tried reinstalling the superchip then taking the smarty off so i can just load the smarty but all it is doing is saying "warning ecm changed" how can i fix this ?? thanks very much hopefully i get this figured out asap !!

friend of mine did the exact same thing....his still says the ecm changed thing after a few attempts, he is just going to have is ecm re flashed at a dealer....not sure why the smarty wont over-ride this??

talked to bob wagner this morning and he sent me the procedure to reset the smarty but you can only do it once and this one has already had a reset so now i dunno what to do and i dont think the new ecm will help because the smarty is still vin locked to the current ecm