Smarty UDC Tuning???

Kbay

Buddy of mine told me with my setup that I should look into UCD and that I would benefit from it. Said it's the closest thing to EFI Live that I can get with an 03CR? What do you guys think about the UDC tuning? Worth the time and money? Could I learn to do it myself or just take it somewhere and have it taken care of? Is there anyone around the Effingham, IL to Terre Haute, IN area that does this?

Opinions plz

UDC is very much worth the time and money. I made more power then TNT#9 on the dyno with way way less smoke using UDC.

I get all my tunes from Gecovey Coffman from Coffman Customs. i ask for what i need, and in a day or two i get a tune in my email.

What is the cost and how many tunes can I get loaded on the program? Mine is extremely smokey and need cut back lol but can handle more hp.

I don't know his prices at the moment, and I got a pretty good deal. But what i bought was two tunes with lifetime adjustments and re-works and the dongle package from him.

All you REALLY need to get started is a dongle package and that allows you to lock your truck to the programming software and you can build and try tunes from there. I payed for the experience of someone else learning and finding out how to tune. But there is plenty of resources on here and CumminsForum that will get you going on how to tune for your truck.

A dongle for UDC will set you back 259 plus shipping. then tunes are either your own, or pay someone to build them for you. You get to hold one UDC tune on your programmer plus all of the stock TNT-R tunes. You can keep as many tunes in you computer, and load them on the smarty as needed. takes 20 seconds to upload to the smarty. Takes regular ammount of time to install on truck.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
It sounds like I need to look into that some more, I would like to learn how to run the program and tune it myself.

if i remember correctly, you can download and run the software in "demo" mode and play with tunes and see open tunes (ones not locked to a specific dongle, and such a specific truck) and play around. But you need that 260 to play with it using your foot. Check it out.

http://madselectronics.com/DownloadUDC.html

Thank ya much I'll have to check that out in the morning

I've seen some very impressive numbers from the early CR trucks running UDC. I'd hunt around and find a competent tuner with access to a chassis dyno if it were my truck. Good luck!

I just did UDC from Coffman customs. It's incredible and I'm glad I did it when I did. Truck runs cleaner, way better power, and just feels more complete. You will not regret it.

Sent from my fancy thinking box

It does suck that we STILL dont have the EFI option, but UDC far exceeds the canned tunes.

Lavon@Firepunk Gordon@Innovative and Ben@Done Right Diesel come to mind for tuning a truck that's modded. I'm on my phone and can't see your mods list but with a big power setup there's a lot to making it live a long healthy life.

Ryan

I got UDC back in January or so. Need to get off my butt and play with it. Just too dang busy at work to play with it much.

Can you get the same quality of tunes doing the UDC tuning on the S06 as the SSR or is it all in the computer tuning and they are just the middle man between the computer and the truck?

It does suck that we don't have the EFI Live option and I talked to Ben@Done Right and he thought he could make me a few wicked tunes. Acker Diesel I have the Smarty S06, TS mp8, 100hp injectors, 33% over xenergy cp3, drilled delivery tubes, Fass Titanium 150, AEM intake, ATS Intake Horn, 66mm turbo, water meth injection, studded, fire ringed, 90# springs, titanium retainers and seats, SouthBend DD 3250, billet input and output.

It does suck that we don't have the EFI Live option and I talked to Ben@Done Right and he thought he could make me a few wicked tunes. Acker Diesel I have the Smarty S06, TS mp8, 100hp injectors, 33% over xenergy cp3, drilled delivery tubes, Fass Titanium 150, AEM intake, ATS Intake Horn, 66mm turbo, water meth injection, studded, fire ringed, 90# springs, titanium retainers and seats, SouthBend DD 3250, billet input and output.

With UDC I'd ditch the mp8

Ryan

Ben @Done Right told me the same thing, plan on sellin it as soon as I get the UDC

Can you get the same quality of tunes doing the UDC tuning on the S06 as the SSR or is it all in the computer tuning and they are just the middle man between the computer and the truck?

I was talking to Lavon earlier today and he said from what he has saw the S06 tends to cut fuel around 3500. As to where the ssr fuels all the way to 3900 and some trucks to 4500.