Smarty vs dumb or dumber!

Jehri

After following these threads for months, is it or is it not tq. managment , why not @
explain, go ahead BOB!

WAITING.

I'm guessing we might see more answers in the 24 valve section.
Maybe someone will move it.

Mountaineer said:
I'm guessing we might see more answers in the 24 valve section.
Maybe someone will move it.

:hehe: :hehe: :kick: :hehe: :hehe:

Fixed the thread location for ya.

If you're going to come out with your hand on your hips tapping your foot all anxious for someone to give you information, please make an attempt at proper punctuation.

FYI, I do hear that the 12 valve smarty doesn't have tq management. :hehe:

On with the thread. Go ahead JEHRI!

Last edited:
To my understanding, it doesn't defuel between shifts like most others do.

The VP trucks come with some sort of torque management or defueling built in to the computer. Smarty eliminates that.

I thought it was just the 01-02 autos that had torque management? Either way Blue is right that the smarty will eliminate all defueling.

According to an old thread on TDR, Marco said that the Smarty reduces it on 01-02's. The new versions of the Smarty may have changed that. A Redline box does away with most of it, but depending on the truck you may still have problems when building boost. The only think I know of that totally eliminates it is a RAD.

Hopefully Bob can give us more up to date information...

Paul

paulb said:
According to an old thread on TDR, Marco said that the Smarty reduces it on 01-02's. The new versions of the Smarty may have changed that. A Redline box does away with most of it, but depending on the truck you may still have problems when building boost. The only think I know of that totally eliminates it is a RAD.

Hopefully Bob can give us more up to date information...

Paul

Yes the BD RAD and Top Speed Eliminator with both eliminate it.

BDPowerDave said:
Yes the BD RAD and Top Speed Eliminator with both eliminate it.

Hi Dave!

Sorry I forgot about the Top Speed Eliminator...

Paul

Jehri said:
After following these threads for months, is it or is it not tq. managment , why not @
explain, go ahead BOB!

WAITING.

i know there has been issues on the 3rd gens (03 auto). I can tell you there was a huge me vs bob issue because of torque management. smarty deleted my torque management, then after an update i couldn't build any boost. 6 months later it amazingly reappeared.

i think one of the only sure things is the RAD by BD.

camo reports of 2003 back to the future. start digging on the beta tune :cheer:

remember this :poke:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if this has been posted over here, but I have noticed a small issue with the Beta SW (really just an annoyance). My truck is a 2003 305/555 with 48RE, and when I put it in gear the little box that indicates the gear (P, R, N, D, 2, 1) disappears for all gears except P, and N. This has been noted a couple times on another site for the same type of truck. Just thought I'd make you aware of the little glitch. Has anyone else noticed this?

:pop:

hey bob, any word on the VP rev limiter as i might be switching setups pretty quick

I know that Marco is supposed to be working on this. I can't wait for it.

Bob, did you or Marco get the videos that I sent you?

inline6power said:
hey bob, any word on the VP rev limiter as i might be switching setups pretty quick

Last I heard they were unsuccessful but are still working on it.