Smoke

getnitbo

DO YOU NEED MY ASSISTANCE
I have a early 99 psd, straight pipe, gauges and a ts 6 position chip..... I can't get any black smoke at all on any setting, high or low.. is this a good thing or a bad thing?:huh::

idk it depends wheter or not you like to blow smoke. several of my friends have them late 99,02,96,97, and I have one on my 95(all were customed burned by Beans) the 99,and 02 blew quite a bit of smoke with just the chip. I got my chip when I got my injectors and mine pours smoke. the 96 had his chip before injectors and his wouldn't blow any smoke due to small factory injectors 92cc, and the chip would overload the injectors and cause it to sputter. Your truck may have the small injectors, you could ask Bean he would probably be able to tell you more than me, he is a vender on here and I'm pretty sure his profile is bdp I would definatly ask him. he knows every thing about the psd. sorry for being so long winded

if its an early 99 its got AB injectors in it, roughly around 120cc, it should smoke. Sounds like a chip or burn issue.

thats kinda what i was thinkin... im not real happy with the programs the guy burned.. its suppose to be his custom programs.. im going to send my chip to Swamps Diesel and let them reburn it

getnitbo said:
thats kinda what i was thinkin... im not real happy with the programs the guy burned.. its suppose to be his custom programs.. im going to send my chip to Swamps Diesel and let them reburn it
Not to be a weanie.....

Check all the obvious before you start burning the chippies. Fuel Filter, Oil Pressure, etc... The stroke needs good fuel deliver and oil pressure to squirt the fuel to make the smoke. You obviosly have the air, so I would guess you need to fill the nozzles to get the smoke.

I know I had a guy complaining about the chip I burned for him in his 7.3 liter... I got one as well, so he came to the shop and I took it for a ride and I was also dissapointed. Well I keep a spare fuel filter behind the back seat of all my trucks in case I get some bad fuel somewhere.... so I changed the filter (he needed it) and hammered on his fuel pump (tap, tap , tap) and went for another ride.

I don't think he ever did find all the stuff that rolled off the dash...:hehe:

It makes a difference and even mild 70 HP tunes don't run without #2

Send that chip to Bean or Tony Wildman and get some real tunes. Or get a DP tuner chip.

If you click on my sled pulling vids and watch the pull from L&L Truck Pull at the Motherload County Fair. That is with a DP tuner chip with a sled pull tune on stock injectors. Smoke is very obvious and that is with a D66 turbo. Now after the turbo lights, the smoke goes bye bye. But it will smoke, you just need the right tunes.

Keep Strokin'

getnitbo said:
I have a early 99 psd, straight pipe, gauges and a ts 6 position chip..... I can't get any black smoke at all on any setting, high or low.. is this a good thing or a bad thing?:huh::
have u tried the ''cummins'' setting? :umno: i believe its the last setting to the left on the ts chip. :woohoo: no need to check your fuel filter or have it re burned. *bdh* it should give u all the smoke u could ever want.:poke:

My early 99 smokes a bit, but once the turbo lites the smoke is gone. Im talking about stock injectors, not the big ones i usually run.

Back