smoked taillights

50stangpower

im about to smoke my tailights and was wondering how you guys do it... do you just spray the outside or is there a way to spray the inside as well?

thanks

brandon

there is a post by dcspecial on here as to how to do it. you use translucent black model paint. works great. i used 2 cans on my tailights and they are black!

I originally used 2 cans and the police weren't fans of that at all LOL

One can seems to be more to their liking :hehe:

so how much do you spray on each one to make em still legal? LOL Seriously though, I dont want mine black, but I also want them to be noticable and different.

Santa Gertrudis said:
so how much do you spray on each one to make em still legal? LOL Seriously though, I dont want mine black, but I also want them to be noticable and different.

Now, I don't know about legalities....which is why I try and avoid hitting the interstates in my truck LOL

But, one little 3.0 oz can of the model tint will be enough to do both tails and third brake light and still be able to see that they are red.

2 Cans and they are just black.

"Transparent Black Window Tint"
It's from the model (cars/planes/etc..) section at Hobby Lobby, comes in little 3.0 oz spray cans.

The clear on my tails and third brake light is a High Gloss Clear Acrylic Sealer.....also from Hobby Lobby.

28639.jpg

Or, their is a product called "NiteShades" made by VHT which is made for tinting lenses.....it comes in larger 12 or 16oz spray cans I believe.