Smooth ride...

ride42

980MW
See truck in sig.

I want to have a smoother ride. The truck has a 2" leveling kit that is most likely coming out. I'd prefer to go with Bilstein shocks but not sure of what ones to go with. I'd like to keep stock ride height maybe a little lower. Also, if it will help..what springs should I go with?

whatever you do.. Don't go bilstein.. The yellow/blue ones are no good.. the 5100's blow out way too fast and the 5150's brake at the top of the shock real easy. I have no experiance with the 7100's or better. The ones I have had ride REAL nice. Just don't last.

I too would like a better ride though.. So i'll be interested to see where this goes :Cheer:

The truck sees no offroad use. Just street and strip. What do you have in yours right now Jeff?

I just got done with the same debacle Bryce. I ended up with a KORE HP leveling kit, and Bilstein 5100s. I ran just the shocks for about two weeks, and really didnt notice much of a difference, but after I installed the springs the truck rides way better.

Also right now Bilstein shocks are by 3 get one free.

http://www.1freeshock.com

Hope they last.:doh:

The truck sees no offroad use. Just street and strip. What do you have in yours right now Jeff?

RS9000.. I knew i'd be getting a rougher ride.. But I knew these ones would at least last.. That will be my downfall.. I am hoping new rear springs help offset the shocks a little. I know my 20's with 35's don't help all that much either though.

Do you tow?

You could prob pull a few leaves out of the back.

I wonder if some 1500 coils would ride softer (assuming you do decide to go lower)

Towing=no go. The most I use my truck for is hauling garbage, four wheelers, or tools.

then you would need some air bags that you could add air when you need it and let it out when you dont

Back