Snap-On Borescope BK6000

cummins racer

Diesel Enthusiast
I have a Snap-On video borescope thats about two months old and only used several times. This is really an awesome tool that allows you to take pics and record video images and also a sim card slot that you can save all data to and email vids and pics. Really hate to sell this but really need the money. Below is the info on Snap-On's website.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=diagnostics&item_ID=87396&group_ID=21604&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

Brand new they are $800 +

Ill take $700 for it.

What is the diameter of the lens? Most are 8-10mm. I have had trouble finding one that will fit thru a injector bore at 7mm. I just bought a Matco yesterday that has a 4mm lens. Its not as high quality as the Snapon unit.

What is the diameter of the lens? Most are 8-10mm. I have had trouble finding one that will fit thru a injector bore at 7mm. I just bought a Matco yesterday that has a 4mm lens. Its not as high quality as the Snapon unit.

I've had the very same concern you have with lens diameter, from what my snap-on dealer showed me theirs are all 8+mm. As smart as some of these engineers think they are you would think they'd have figured out that 8mm is too big for the market they are trying to reach.

You can take that boroscope, shove the lens into the injector bore and rotate the engine just right and get a good look at the piston bowl and crown. Just can't see the walls. I have done it, it works decently, not as great as I would like but better than paying 500 bucks a day rental for a 4mm videoscope.

it is the 8mm. There are 2 of them one long extra long one and one regular one. My Snap-On dealer told me they are coming out with a smaller that will fit into the injector holes. Could be 2 new sizes.