Snow, Cooling Mist, or another? Best?

4x4dually

Who in your opinion (and hopefully experice) makes the best water/meth injection? After reading the article in Diesel Power this month, I think I NEED one. As heavy as I pull trailer wise I think this would compliment my stage 4 injectors or the stage 5's when I put them in.

And can you run it from the factory washer fluid tank so the truck tells you when it is low on the dash? That would rock!

You opinions please....thanks.

im not sure what brand but i have seen many setups that used the stock windshield wiper fluid bottle, it has pretty good capacity and it tells you when its low like you said...

only downfall is when you want to use your wipers the fluid would probably be empty...:doh:

I read that standard wiper fluid is 70% H2O and 30% Meth, so I could use cheap-o washer fluid? Is that correct? I would like the extra power of the Meth (not much but some) but I'm more into the cooling factor, so a 70/30 mix would be good. Do you all agree with that logic? I just was to double check DP's theory before I go stepping into a pile I can't crawl out of.

Thanks!

You can buy a 55 gallon drum of methonal for a few hundred bucks.

Mix your own. That way you can find out what mixture works best for you.

I have been running the Cooling Mist stage II with good results. The C/M nozzels are 1/8" npt and fit the tapped holes in the ats manifold. If you are running much timing 30% meth may be too much. Meth makes the egts go up. I mix one gal distilled water to one gal w/w fluid and that should be about 15% meth. In the summer time it doesn't take long for the meth to evaporate. Really cools things down.

Billyram. I don't know how much timing this Juice box is capable of. Can you tell me? How much is much and how much will it do? This is another area that I could improve my knowledge in. Thanks, JWB

Every truck is different. Timing ,boost and the timing curve can have a effect on how much meth you can run. You can listen to your engine and tell if you're running too much meth. If you can't control timing rattle you may need to cut back on meth. Water is what cools.

I run the snow stage 2 kit and have it drawing from my washer tank. Heck, all I even run is washer fluid in it. The $1 a gallon stuff. Works great.

I'm a little bias here but I think Snowperformance has them all beat, maybe because I got him into the diesel thing back on 03', or because he had 800 kits on the street then in gasser cars.

Everyone else has just copied the idea and trying to make a buck.

Jim

Jim Fulmer said:
I'm a little bias here but I think Snowperformance has them all beat, maybe because I got him into the diesel thing back on 03', or because he had 800 kits on the street then in gasser cars.

Everyone else has just copied the idea and trying to make a buck.

Jim
Well said Jim:clap: