Snow water kit on a Motorhome????

Highfinance97

Garofalo Enterprises
I'm putting The MPG MAX Snow kit on a Motorhome with a M11 engine.

the engine is in the back of the RV and of course the snow controller needs to be in the cab

So......

The problem is the thermo coupler wires from what im told from auto meter can only be the length that come with any kits B/C they are calibrated :bang

Would it be wrong to put A couple of Autometers Probe kits Together and adjust accordingly to the Temp. of when the kit comes on??

Thermocouples work because each conductor is a different material. I don't think length plays a huge role in the calibration as much as the way the wires are terminated on each end and spliced in the middle. I think if you buy two cables and bolt the end together in the middle, rubber tape, and heat shrink it, you'll be fine. It would be advisable however to buy a type K or what ever type thermocouple it is cable that is the correct length with no splices. It takes all the "what if's" out of it. The extra length may change the calibration a few degrees but hell, we are talking the difference in 785 and 790 degrees F maybe so that don't make a hill of beans. $.02

Thermocouples work because each conductor is a different material. I don't think length plays a huge role in the calibration as much as the way the wires are terminated on each end and spliced in the middle. I think if you buy two cables and bolt the end together in the middle, rubber tape, and heat shrink it, you'll be fine. It would be advisable however to buy a type K or what ever type thermocouple it is cable that is the correct length with no splices. It takes all the "what if's" out of it. The extra length may change the calibration a few degrees but hell, we are talking the difference in 785 and 790 degrees F maybe so that don't make a hill of beans. $.02

i agree, i've had a few customers do this as well.