So...about that 62/70 or 62/80...

I agree 100%. Just sell the TN and do the twins Ivan, Then you will have your street , sled, track, towing truck. And not to mention you'll be the man:bow:

I've bugged Brian about sending me a set of twins to try, but I think he is building the Garrett sets now.
I've also tried to get the "Secret Formula" from Jeremy and his wicked set-up from last year, but he doesn't remember the turbo sizing either.:doh:

I also talked to Robts about his twins, but he went with a huge 88mm atmosphere charger. (Not sure that it worked either...) He just has pieces of the set-up left...:bang

After my engine build-up, I don't have the cash for twins this year...and the wife is pretty pissed that every spare minute I'm in the shop wrenching on the truck...and to find out that the turbo is too big for pulling the new holiday trailer...well, that pretty much pushed her over the edge.:rules:

So, unless I come across a: "Pssssst.......Hey......Bud...............you wanna try a twin turbo setup for a 6.0L?......"

I'm going to have to take a break from this high performance stuff for a while.

Your fuel milage will be about 8 mpg w/ those gears and towing though. It would deffinetly help the boost issue though. I have very little boost @ 60 mph also. I pulled my 4000 lb boat last week on tow file and was running about 1100 egt's @ 60 mph w/little boost. Tow haul off. I had Eric write a new tow file to try to get the boost up and the temps down but havn't got to try it yet.

Right on.:Cheer:
And your running the GT-4202R? or something smaller?

I've bugged Brian about sending me a set of twins to try, but I think he is building the Garrett sets now.
I've also tried to get the "Secret Formula" from Jeremy and his wicked set-up from last year, but he doesn't remember the turbo sizing either.:doh:

I also talked to Robts about his twins, but he went with a huge 88mm atmosphere charger. (Not sure that it worked either...) He just has pieces of the set-up left...:bang

After my engine build-up, I don't have the cash for twins this year...and the wife is pretty pissed that every spare minute I'm in the shop wrenching on the truck...and to find out that the turbo is too big for pulling the new holiday trailer...well, that pretty much pushed her over the edge.:rules:

So, unless I come across a: "Pssssst.......Hey......Bud...............you wanna try a twin turbo setup for a 6.0L?......"

I am going out to Brians the 22nd to Dyno my truck. I am considering doing the garrett twins. They would be ausome for towing and everything in between. The only Prob I have is there is not a class for the twins where I live(pulling) I know all about the wife and being in the shop too muchLOL. I have that 61mm that might hold enough boost while towing. Dunno?? It has a really small exaust housing on it .58. Not worth a darn wot though. See what Brian says, If he thinks it will help I will give you a good deal. I know that he is going to say that your injectors are the problem though.

Right on.:Cheer:
And your running the GT-4202R? or something smaller?

I have the 40, it is like a 67.8 wheel. That kid in new york put on the 42 w/ 190's and they said that it hauls a$$. The video is on DG, Brian put it up. It is a lifted Dually. Breaking the tires loose like crazy.

I am going out to Brians the 22nd to Dyno my truck. I am considering doing the garrett twins. They would be ausome for towing and everything in between. The only Prob I have is there is not a class for the twins where I live(pulling) I know all about the wife and being in the shop too muchLOL. I have that 61mm that might hold enough boost while towing. Dunno?? It has a really small exaust housing on it .58. Not worth a darn wot though. See what Brian says, If he thinks it will help I will give you a good deal. I know that he is going to say that your injectors are the problem though.

I talked to Brian already about a smaller housing, and changing my injectors to 190's. He said the .58 would be too small for 190's.

How much does that trailer weigh??

Trailer weighs 8000 pounds dry.

I have the 40, it is like a 67.8 wheel. That kid in new york put on the 42 w/ 190's and they said that it hauls a$$. The video is on DG, Brian put it up. It is a lifted Dually. Breaking the tires loose like crazy.

Brian also E-mailed me the drive/boost pressures on that 4202....wicked!!

I talked to Brian already about a smaller housing, and changing my injectors to 190's. He said the .58 would be too small for 190's.

I wander if he has a bigger housing laying around you could try?? I will ask him tommorow. He is not ansering his e-mails tonite

I did not go with a 88mm....It was a 81mm....just a fyi...and thats all I can say about that

I did not go with a 88mm....It was a 81mm....just a fyi...and thats all I can say about that
:thankyou2:
Sorry Rob...I knew it was a big one. Brian said it was the biggest that could fit in there, and still keep your A/C.

Does it matter, Rob will pull it out next year and put a Cat, or something in it, and ***** about the Cummins. LOL LOL

Man....you guys arent nice..

I thought the CR was a great change....FYi...I dont think I could get a CAT in there

Back