SO-CAL Dyno Day Results

Diesel Freak

POST THEM UP!!!!!

Made 560. I had them set it light (7000#) and ran in direct. EGT never went over 1250 (no screaming high EGT alarm from the Dooley Pyro) and the 50mm wastgate never lifted...More load would have made more power...oh well.

Yeah, could have made more...but I have to drive back to washington on DEC 19.

Had a good time, and the truck is oh so much happier...daily driving it 15 miles to work and back makes it run like poop.

Here is a videop of mu skeeter killing run.

A few pics.

http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/Diesel_Freak_2008/SOCALDYNO2008/

POST THEM UP!!!!!

Made 560. I had them set it light (7000#) and ran in direct. EGT never went over 1250 (no screaming high EGT alarm from the Dooley Pyro) and the 50mm wastgate never lifted...More load would have made more power...oh well.

Yeah, could have made more...but I have to drive back to washington on DEC 19.

Had a good time, and the truck is oh so much happier...daily driving it 15 miles to work and back makes it run like poop.

Here is a videop of mu skeeter killing run.

A few pics.

http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/Diesel_Freak_2008/SOCALDYNO2008/

Nice!!! Talk about a load dyno.LOL

No, I have results too. Just not as good as yours. After fiddling around for a Lonnnnnggggg time trying to get the RPM pick up to work, we gave up and just tried for Horsepower. By that time it was getting hot, as we kept it in drive because they could get the rpm reading when it was in park, but it went away when in drive. So all in all I was a bit disappointed. Only 372 hp. Darn.
And the only other 6.7 that dynoed was almost the same set up as mine, except he had the Hot Juice w/att. He beat me by 3 hp with 375.
Not fair I tell ya,,,,,,, not fair.:bang:doh::hehe:

I have results also. I cant say I am disopointed or happy with them. I did 430 & 960. Was hoping for a little more but its my first time on the dyno so i didnt really know what to expect. All I know is I had a great time and am looking forward to more mods & the next dyno day.

Sorry I missed this event .

Johnny

Ya John, We needed a big ol Kodiak with dooollliess on the back to put on those itty bitty rollers. :hehe::hehe::hehe:
Really though It would have been good to see ya. Maybe next time.
Betty

hahaha ,ya it would have looked like this if it fit .

img1485wx4.jpg

Sorry I missed it . Would have liked to show even if I didnt fit on the rollers .

Where was it you guys did this at ?

Johnny

hahaha ,ya it would have looked like this if it fit .

View attachment 12574

Sorry I missed it . Would have liked to show even if I didnt fit on the rollers .

Where was it you guys did this at ?

Johnny
That's cool John. It was at B&D racing in Canoga Park. Actually, you would have had trouble just getting in the parking lot with that big truck, let alone on the rollers. Funny! LOL

i wish i would have been able to make it. i had to do a little work on my truck, trying something experimental, so i should be a little better off later. we'll see how it goes this week.

Garrett

Sorry I missed it, looks like you guys had fun. Who had the black Honda, not a good place to park:hehe::hehe:

Well... I almost did not run it on the rollers....My fuel pressure gauge was all over the place..a few roll on's on the freeway to the event.. and sure enough the truck was falling on it's face..... Once we got to the dyno, I said what the heck why not?....441.7hp/933tq on 5psi fuel pressure...:bang

On the way home I stopped and checked the the raptor pump and found the problem, a loose ground wire!!:woohoo:...Sure enough with 20psi fuel pressure and the truck went full tilt boogie...Spanked an Evo on the freeway buy 6 trucks lengths on the way back home..I felt better!!!......Check out my Dyno chart...Peak hp/tq at 2500+..less than a hundred rpms(2600rpm) latter the motor loses 150+hp and over 380tq.. The peak Hp should have been at 2900 to 3000 rpm...:doh:

The truck should have made 500+hp. In two weeks I will dyno again and get the real numbers....Oh yea...little or no smoke on this truck...Just CLEAN & MEAN!!

Attachments

• Dyno_0001.jpg
    Dyno_0001.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Well... I almost did not run it on the rollers....My fuel pressure gauge was all over the place..a few roll on's on the freeway to the event.. and sure enough the truck was falling on it's face..... Once we got to the dyno, I said what the heck why not?....441.7hp/933tq on 5psi fuel pressure...:bang

On the way home I stopped and checked the the raptor pump and found the problem, a loose ground wire!!:woohoo:...Sure enough with 20psi fuel pressure and the truck went full tilt boogie...Spanked an Evo on the freeway buy 6 trucks lengths on the way back home..I felt better!!!......Check out my Dyno chart...Peak hp/tq at 2500+..at 2600 rpm the motor loses 150+hp and over 380tq.. The peak Hp should have been at 2900 to 3000 rpm...:doh:

The truck should have made 500+hp. In two weeks I will dyno again and get the real numbers....Oh yea...little or no smoke on this truck...Just CLEAN & MEAN!!

Edit...Truck specs......