So this is new...

chris lang

On a trip to Michigan my serpentine belt broke. Found a bolt was missing from the power steering pump, replaced the bolt and put on a new belt and everything is fine...except...now it dings at me when I don't have my seat belt on. Never dinged at me before, just the light on the dash.

Jumper wire in harness under seat! Then go look at faces of death after car crashes WITHOUT seatbelts!

Look in your owners manual, you can disable the dinger.

Thanks!

On a side note I'm against drinking and driving and I wear my seatbelt. Some times I don't put it on when I'm moving trailers around the lot or off road and need to be able to move around and not have the seat belt lock

That's why i disabled my dinger, it goes off just driving across the lot. So annoying.

I hate seat belts, but then again I've never had to use them as per their designation so right now I'm pro choice. After 2 shoulder surgeries they annoy me more than I see them helping.

How about that asshole honking that starts as soon as you put the truck in reverse with the door open. Who the hell thought that was a good idea

How about that asshole honking that starts as soon as you put the truck in reverse with the door open. Who the hell thought that was a good idea

Holy chit couldn't agree more! I didn't know they did that until it was 5 am and I was backing it up 4 inches to line a trailer up. Scared the hell out of me.

I'm honestly ready to sell the truck over it. Worst part is my gear selector is retarded and never recognizes its in park unless you force it all the way up, so every fuggin time I park, I open the door and start honking. The most embarrassing thing.

With the key off, buckle your seat belt. Turn on ignition engine off, wait for seatbelt light to turn off, un buckle and rebuckle seatbelt 3 times and turn ignition off

I'm honestly ready to sell the truck over it. Worst part is my gear selector is retarded and never recognizes its in park unless you force it all the way up, so every fuggin time I park, I open the door and start honking. The most embarrassing thing.

Sounds like a simple adjustment shift cable bracket plus hammer equals bliss!

Back